Priceline Car Rentals..which ones?

ncbyrne

DIS Veteran
I've already made my minivan reservations with Dollar at $249/wk (actual total comes to $306.29), but I've been reading some great price deals posted on minivans using Priceline.
Does anyone know what companies you are likely to get if your bid is accepted? Of course, I'd prefer onsite MCO. :)

Have you been to biddingfortravel.com ? They have a section about rental cars. It is very helpful. You can see what everyon bid and what company they received. Check it out - it's great!

I used priceline for our August trip. We rented a minivan for $23 a day. It came to a total of $209 including all taxes and charges for 7 days. We got it through Budget. It was a Ford Windstar.

Thanks for the info! I checked out the bidding forums and see that the majority of folks wind up with offsite MCO locations. I think I'll stick with my reservation.....the time saved is worth more to me on a WDW trip. We rented from Alamo once...never again, it just took way to long to pickup and return the car.

Don't use Priceline to rent cars if you are under 25 or not a U.S. citizen.

Some companies demand that aliens and those under 25 accept the collision waiver and, if you tell Priceline you are under 25 and then a rental company accepts your bid, technically they may not charge you for the collision because then they violated the bid. They would have had to include collision in the bid they accept .

But you would have to be prepared for a long drawn out fight with the manager if worse comes to worst.

IMHO if the rental car company accepts your bid taking under 25 into account and then refuses to give you the car without added cost for collision, you have the right to charge back Priceline by disputing the credit card bill (after calling Priceline from the rental office).

Other Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter