• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Prices for flights departing late in the day

BostonTigger

<font color=purple>I want the Swiss Family Treehou
I was just goofing around on the airline sites when I decided to to a quick check for an airfare in Oct. and found that I can save an average of $40 by flying out of Boston at night rather than early in the day. Do you find that most of the time you can save money by flying out at night rather than the morning? This may be everyday knowledge for most people, but I don't often travel, so this is news to me. So If this this the case I just might do it more often.

For some airlines the "red eye" flights are less expensive. SWA is the same regardless of when you fly on their sale fares. Delta seems to be the same also.

Originally posted by GAIL HAYDEN
For some airlines the "red eye" flights are less expensive. SWA is the same regardless of when you fly on their sale fares. Delta seems to be the same also.

I've noticed this. I did a check on Delta and they were the same.

steven

Part of this is also due to the Airlines only selling a certain number of seats at the lowest fares.. That is why the flights that leave between 8AM and noon appear to cost more.. Since they are the most popular times the cheapest seats go first on those.

For USAir, usually only the late flights are available for low fares when you get close to departure date. They allow so many seats at the cheapest fare and people book the early flights first, leaving the late flights available longer. I did that once with 2 friends, we headed to the airport after work, arrived late and stayed at a hotel near MCO with a free shuttle. Then got up early, picked up the rental car and headed to WDW, arriving at CSR at 8:30am!

We've never found an advantage to coming in at night, compared to early morning, once you add the ectra hotel night, the extra rental car, and breakfast...vs eating at home. You do get to start out earlier, of course.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter