Princess breakfast to be replaced

Michelle2

Visited every Disney park in the world :)
If this is old news, I am sorry, but I didn't know this, and it may help someone with their plans... I just called Dining, and the CM said that the Princess Breakfast in the Plaza Inn is going to stop on August 15 (I think that is the date, or somewhere around the end of August) Another character breakfast will replace it. They are not taking any reservations for the Plaza Inn at this time (for mid August or after --sorry I cannot remember exact date), but she said that they will start again sometime next week, when they have things all arranged with the change. I am hoping that they go back to the Pooh and friends bfast that they had before...my son loves Winnie the Pooh!
She did say that they will be moving the princesses over to Ariel's Grotto for lunch and dinner after that time. At least they will still have a character meal with the princesses, just over at DCA instead! :wizard:

Disney changes things all the time, so you never know with them...

I've heard rumors of it closing, but this is the first time I've heard mention of them moving to Ariel's. But if they move over there, then that would mean no character meal with Mickey. Unless they move him to the Plaza Inn?

Disney is too girl oriented as it is. My kids are too old to have any interest in Pooh...and they would rather go without lunch than to have to sit through a visit with princesses.

I'm glad we went when we did....guess I'd better pop over to the WDW boards from time-to-time to see if they're leaving the Restaurantasaurus dining alone!

If anyone hears what they plan to do please post it ASAP. My DD picked the princess breakfast as a reward. (kids do well, we reward that behavior) If they shut down the princess breakfast, I will have to work VERY fast to get her excited about another character meal. We go to DL 1 Sep and well, I will be crushed as will she if she doesn’t get to eat with the princesses. I have called four times in the past two weeks and I did not get anything to the fact that they might CNX or move the breakfast. Any way if anyone hears, please post or even PM me ASAP. Thank you all so much.

Have a great Disney Day.

I wonder if they are moving it to DCA because it is so popular and they hope it will get more people into DCA. Plus if it is lunch and dinner, more people can enjoy it than at just breakfast.

I would love it if they had a Mickey character breakfast at the Plaza Inn so long as they get better food there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter