Princess Weekend 2022

OK, I think I'm losing it. Didn't they release pictures of the Princess Weekend medals already? I'm trying to find it and can't (lost of pics of the Marathon weekend in January!)

Marathon Weekend Medals (link) were revealed on 9/5/21 (126 days prior to the Marathon). An equal amount of time would put the Princess Medal reveal around 10/24/21. A good guess would be a reveal at the Wine and Dine Expo on 11/4/21.

OK, I think I'm losing it. Didn't they release pictures of the Princess Weekend medals already? I'm trying to find it and can't (lost of pics of the Marathon weekend in January!)

My daughter and I were discussing the princess medals last night, so I took a look at RunDisney's Instagram account for an idea of when we might see the 2022 medals. The 2020 princess medals were revealed on October 14, 2019. Fingers crossed that history repeats itself and we get a peek this week.

Just joining in! I just registered for the Fairytale Challenge and I'm super excited to have something to look forward to and train for! I haven't done a race since NYC Marathon 2019 and I haven't done runDisney since 2015, but I'm so excited to be getting back into it and I've had fun catching up on this thread the last few days. :)

I've reached my fundraising goal but the charity won't answer my emails to issue my registration link... Anybody else ever have this issue?

DopeyBadger was right, I should just have waited for regular registration!

Just joining in! I just registered for the Fairytale Challenge and I'm super excited to have something to look forward to and train for! I haven't done a race since NYC Marathon 2019 and I haven't done runDisney since 2015, but I'm so excited to be getting back into it and I've had fun catching up on this thread the last few days. :)

Welcome!!!

I've reached my fundraising goal but the charity won't answer my emails to issue my registration link... Anybody else ever have this issue?

That is frustrating! I had a few hiccups when I did a charity bib just getting it going, but it all worked out. It was a small charity, and so it's not like there is a a full time person doing only this. Do they have a social media presence? You could try to contact them that way. There is still a lot of time, but if you don't get an answer within the next couple of weeks, I would email RunDisney and let them know. Not like they will intervene directly, but they should still get the feedback on what kind of organizations they are allowing to use their name to fundraise.

I just completed The Urban 10 miler! It is my longest run ever. They have us ran the 2nd half of the Colfax marathon. I am soo proud of myself. I never though I could do this. I did 30/30 most of the time. The hill on mile 7 killed me... lol. I am SO happy I am under 16 min mile for disney. View attachment 613705View attachment 613706View attachment 613707View attachment 613710
Congratulations! I ran that race in 2016 (I think), and I remember that hill. Especially tough for someone not use to running at altitude.

Hi everyone I am not new to the Dis but new to RunDisney! I am running the 10k Princess Weekend. I arrive friday AM and leave Monday AM. This is an adults only trip for hubby and I (we have 2 small children). We’ll have a rental car and staying at shades of green. I regularly run 10k’s and am training for my first half. I’m excited to see all the characters! I’m also excited to pick out my outfit!

Hi guys- so I just ran my first half marathon last weekend in Nantucket! And it went well! I was 11:58/mile (2:36 total)which was in line with my goals. I actually sped up during the last 2 miles which I wouldn’t have expected. I also violated the sacred “nothing new during the race” rule and tried a gel for the first time (2 actually). They were handing out SIS gels and I had one at mile 8 and 11. I think they really helped!
So now I’m trying to plan my training for the PHM weekend. I’m doing the challenge and I’m so glad I signed up for it because at this point I’m not worried about the 10k at all (fingers crossed, knocking on wooden things now).
I’m using the train with Hal app and wondering when I should start. My knees have been bothering me for the first time ever - I’m 45 and just started running for real (more than 3 miles) this year. I also have 10-15 lbs to lose and hoping if I lose that it will put less stress on my knees. So I’m not sure if I should wait a few more weeks before really jumping back into it? I also have a peloton and will be doing that in the meantime. Thoughts?

Hi everyone I am not new to the Dis but new to RunDisney! I am running the 10k Princess Weekend. I arrive friday AM and leave Monday AM. This is an adults only trip for hubby and I (we have 2 small children). We’ll have a rental car and staying at shades of green. I regularly run 10k’s and am training for my first half. I’m excited to see all the characters! I’m also excited to pick out my outfit!
Welcome!!

I’m using the train with Hal app and wondering when I should start. My knees have been bothering me for the first time ever - I’m 45 and just started running for real (more than 3 miles) this year. I also have 10-15 lbs to lose and hoping if I lose that it will put less stress on my knees. So I’m not sure if I should wait a few more weeks before really jumping back into it? I also have a peloton and will be doing that in the meantime. Thoughts?

Congrats on the HM. Give yourself one week completely off running. You can take walks. Then the next week, you should do only SUPER easy running at about 50% of the volume you were doing at peak (so if peak was 4 hrs in a week, do no more than 2 hrs). The third week is when you can consider restarting training. This down period will be good for your long term. The goal is to be peaking in fitness in February and not in Dec/Jan.

I went with a charity for the first time this year also. The charity I'm working with is having issues with the fundraising website (completely out of their control), and due to the fact that it's a 100% volunteer run organization, communication has been slow. I'd be patient. I've read that the charities are focused on Wine & Dine and Marathon Weekend right now, so maybe they haven't gotten to Princess registration links yet. Now that I'm in it, I know it would've been easier to just register myself without the charity, but I don't regret doing it because I know I'm helping a great cause during a challenging time. Will I do it again? I guess time will tell lol. Good luck!

I also violated the sacred “nothing new during the race” rule and tried a gel for the first time (2 actually). They were handing out SIS gels and I had one at mile 8 and 11. I think they really helped!

I am so glad that worked out for you. And now you know of a fuel that works for your body!

I went with a charity for the first time this year also. The charity I'm working with is having issues with the fundraising website (completely out of their control), and due to the fact that it's a 100% volunteer run organization, communication has been slow. I'd be patient. I've read that the charities are focused on Wine & Dine and Marathon Weekend right now, so maybe they haven't gotten to Princess registration links yet. Now that I'm in it, I know it would've been easier to just register myself without the charity, but I don't regret doing it because I know I'm helping a great cause during a challenging time. Will I do it again? I guess time will tell lol. Good luck!

No matter what, I'm glad I raised money for a good cause. Would I do it again? Next time, only if I don't get my bib.

I asked the question on the board exactly because I don't want to be a PITA towards the charity. I understand if she doesn't have time because of W&D. I just think it's a bit strange (= worrisome) that she isn't answering my emails or acknoledging me on social media at all.

In the end, I just want my link before Nov 21st so I can input my expected run pace...

No matter what, I'm glad I raised money for a good cause. Would I do it again? Next time, only if I don't get my bib.

I asked the question on the board exactly because I don't want to be a PITA towards the charity. I understand if she doesn't have time because of W&D. I just think it's a bit strange (= worrisome) that she isn't answering my emails or acknoledging me on social media at all.

In the end, I just want my link before Nov 21st so I can input my expected run pace...
I completely agree! Please don't take my response the wrong way. It is strange and worrisome, especially when we saw how easy regular registration turned out to be. My last correspondence with my charity was an email, and it took over a week to hear back. I don't know if this is normal for charity registrations, but it's not quite what I expected. I hope you hear back soon!

Hi guys- so I just ran my first half marathon last weekend in Nantucket! And it went well! I was 11:58/mile (2:36 total)which was in line with my goals. I actually sped up during the last 2 miles which I wouldn’t have expected. I also violated the sacred “nothing new during the race” rule and tried a gel for the first time (2 actually). They were handing out SIS gels and I had one at mile 8 and 11. I think they really helped!
So now I’m trying to plan my training for the PHM weekend. I’m doing the challenge and I’m so glad I signed up for it because at this point I’m not worried about the 10k at all (fingers crossed, knocking on wooden things now).

Do you have a sports physical therapist or sports massage therapist? When my knee hurts it’s usually an IT band issue. Some treatment from either of my therapists has me feeling a lot better. My IT band issues are from weak glutes so when I’m slacking on those strength exercises and stretches I get some twinges in my knee. That’s just my experience with knee pain so don’t take my word as gospel. I’d have a professional check it out 😀 I’m 44yo with a previous hip stress fracture so all little aches and pains can make me worry!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter