• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Princess Weekend 2023 (Feb 23-26, 2023)

Just updated my race entry with a 1:54 half time. Corral A here I come!! Not really though because I'll be moving back to run with the wife. But it'll be nice to have A/A on the challenge bib :)
s1 😉(at least if they stick with what they've been doing haha). But congrats!

s1 😉(at least if they stick with what they've been doing haha). But congrats!
I know, I know.... I was like ugh after I posted and too lazy to edit. But, I was also wondering how long it would take for someone to post about it...

I can see the medal/pin bundle is available to purchase.. but can’t see the AP or dvc discount at checkout … do you know if at the expo those discounts can be applied?

I can see the medal/pin bundle is available to purchase.. but can’t see the AP or dvc discount at checkout … do you know if at the expo those discounts can be applied?
I know with Springtime they said discount would be reimbursed at pick up which is a new thing this season I assume the same for princess preorders

If we have someone not coming for the 5k race anymore, what do we do? I hate that we are holding a spot that someone else might want.

If we have someone not coming for the 5k race anymore, what do we do? I hate that we are holding a spot that someone else might want.
You can try contacting runDisney for a refund. The official policy is “no refunds under any circumstances” but sometimes they will refund to gift cards. Be polite, and be prepared to take no for an answer, and you might get lucky.

Any suggestions on where to eat post-race? By the time I make it back to the hotel after the half marathon, shower, and leave again, what would be a safe time to make brunch/lunch reservations for? 11? I’m staying at POFQ, so Disney Springs is fairly convenient, but we also have park tickets for that day.

Any suggestions on where to eat post-race? By the time I make it back to the hotel after the half marathon, shower, and leave again, what would be a safe time to make brunch/lunch reservations for? 11? I’m staying at POFQ, so Disney Springs is fairly convenient, but we also have park tickets for that day.
It depends on how fast you are and how you’re getting around. In 2022, I didn’t get back to my room at All Star Music until 10:30. I crossed the start line at 5:45, and crossed the finish line at 9:30. I had a 12:30 reservation at Beaches & Cream that I had to rush to from Hollywood Studios because I rely on Disney transportation and you never know how the buses will cooperate. If you’re a faster runner, or have your own car, or pick somewhere easy to get to from POFQ, you might have a little more leeway.

This is going to depend on what start corral you think you'll be in, and how fast you are planning on completing the run (and picture stops, etc.)

For the slowest, non-swept, race time possible (3:30) and starting with the Balloon Ladies (6am) you're looking at completing the race by 9:30am. That's crossing the finish line. Then there's the walk through the finish chute, any pictures with your medal (say 30min here but could easily be more!), and either the walk back to your car or to your resort bus (plan for at least 5min). Plus transportation time (let's say 15min.) So now it could be as late as 10:50 when you get back to your resort. Let's round up to 11am. And you still need to shower and get to wherever you are going for lunch.

The only way that time changes is by you starting the race earlier and running faster than 16:00 pace. Start in the middle of the pack (5:30am) and run a 2:15 race that moves you up to 7:45am plus all of the post-race stuff, and you could be back to your room by 9:30ish.

Chef Art Smith's is my jam for post-race brunch because I'm in love with their blueberry mimosas. And they have historically done a race-weekend discount.

Hey Royals,

I'm sure you got the same email I did, but in case you didn't the Proof of Time deadline is coming up. You can edit your POT, and editable registration details up until November 1st. After November 1st your registration locks. So this means now is a good time to go check those shirt sizes, POT details, and for non-POT runners the estimated pace/finish times. Remember, what you choose from the estimated paces/finish is directly correlated to where you will be seeded in starting groups. So if you choose fast, then you will be seeded towards the front. If you choose slow, then you will be seeded towards the back. If you want a high likelihood that you and a friend are both seeded in the same group, then choose the same estimate. Remember, you can always move back to join others, but can't move forward.

For the POT'ers, the race needs to be between 1/1/19 and 11/1/22 (link). While the website says it needs to be USATF certified, the experience in the past has been that the race simply needs to have been officially timed and have accessible website finisher information. It's not a bad idea to take a screenshot of your POT info in your registration in case something goes weird. Because then you can take that to runner's relations at the Expo and more often than not if the issue was theirs they can fix it (which has happened from time to time). If your POT equivalent is within a minute or so of the cutoff, then you can try and submit it with the understanding that you've got a 99% chance they'll seed you in the first non-POT corral, a 0.8% chance of a POT corral, and a really small chance that place you at the back for an inappropriate POT submission (exceedingly rare). Although if you're far away from a POT cutoff equivalency, then I'd suggest choosing an appropriate estimate and not submitting a time by choosing sub-2:15 and giving a 3:15 HM equivalent POT value. For that, they very well may place you in the last group. There is no known benefit to doing that.

I registered for the Princess 1/2 in 2023 and I want to sell my bib- any suggestions where to advertise? I will be there to collect it in person and then pass along to whomever might purchase! I only want do the 10K. I registered separately, not for challenge. TIA!

I registered for the Princess 1/2 in 2023 and I want to sell my bib- any suggestions where to advertise? I will be there to collect it in person and then pass along to whomever might purchase! I only want do the 10K. I registered separately, not for challenge. TIA!

Bibs are non-transferable. What you are suggesting to do is against Disney's terms of sale and not allowed.

Hey Royals,

I'm sure you got the same email I did, but in case you didn't the Proof of Time deadline is coming up. You can edit your POT, and editable registration details up until November 1st. After November 1st your registration locks. So this means now is a good time to go check those shirt sizes, POT details, and for non-POT runners the estimated pace/finish times. Remember, what you choose from the estimated paces/finish is directly correlated to where you will be seeded in starting groups. So if you choose fast, then you will be seeded towards the front. If you choose slow, then you will be seeded towards the back. If you want a high likelihood that you and a friend are both seeded in the same group, then choose the same estimate. Remember, you can always move back to join others, but can't move forward.

For the POT'ers, the race needs to be between 1/1/19 and 11/1/22 (link). While the website says it needs to be USATF certified, the experience in the past has been that the race simply needs to have been officially timed and have accessible website finisher information. It's not a bad idea to take a screenshot of your POT info in your registration in case something goes weird. Because then you can take that to runner's relations at the Expo and more often than not if the issue was theirs they can fix it (which has happened from time to time). If your POT equivalent is within a minute or so of the cutoff, then you can try and submit it with the understanding that you've got a 99% chance they'll seed you in the first non-POT corral, a 0.8% chance of a POT corral, and a really small chance that place you at the back for an inappropriate POT submission (exceedingly rare). Although if you're far away from a POT cutoff equivalency, then I'd suggest choosing an appropriate estimate and not submitting a time by choosing sub-2:15 and giving a 3:15 HM equivalent POT value. For that, they very well may place you in the last group. There is no known benefit to doing that.
Has anyone had the experience of running with someone who doesn't have a qualifying POT? I actually have a half marathon that qualifies me under 2:15, but my daughter does not. I'm certain that she would be treated completely separately from me, but does it matter at all that she's a minor? I'm certain that I'm just spinning my wheels, but I was hoping that runDisney might put her in the same group that I qualify for. Any thoughts?

Has anyone had the experience of running with someone who doesn't have a qualifying POT? I actually have a half marathon that qualifies me under 2:15, but my daughter does not. I'm certain that she would be treated completely separately from me, but does it matter at all that she's a minor? I'm certain that I'm just spinning my wheels, but I was hoping that runDisney might put her in the same group that I qualify for. Any thoughts?
You can drop back to be in the same corral as your daughter. I don't think you'll have any luck getting them to allow her into a higher/POT corral without one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter