Princesses Running through Our DVC Weekend Trip Report (2/25-2/28)

Then when leaving HM, they had a photopass photographer!! So you know what I must do!!
I loove this pic.

So now that we rode our two rides, time to hold up my deal with my mom and we head out to Grand Floridan to relax before our dinner reservations at Narcoossee's.

As we head there is a photopass photographer outfront, when we came in there was none, so we stopped for a quick pic. I mean look how cute they are with their 50th cake.

We decide to take the monorail over to Grand Floridian, it was not crowded so that was nice.

We head into GF. I do love this place!! We start heading to the Enchanted Rose bar and guess what I spy!!! A photopass spot!! Soo you know what is next.

And yes... what you see is me holding the glass slipper!! They have a glass slipper!! I do not know how this could be a more perfect princess run photoshoot!

Next up we head to Enchanted Rose.

Enchanted Rose is amazing.

We got a table right on the window. The view is relaxing. This was a great idea I have to admit. This was just some calm and relaxed compared to the crazy of MK.

We get our drinks. I get a refreshing mojito and mom gets envy.
My mojito was fantastic!!

After a while I decide to check out some of the details.

I would highly suggest coming here. This is really a great place the snacks look good too but we wanted to save room for our dinner so kept it to just drinks. I love his place.

Next we head over to Narcoossee's, it is in the back of the resort so we head out. Also I turned on my minnie ears and my skirt which all light up. It was fun turning heads.

The reason why we pick this place to go to. We wanted a way to celebrate me running my first half marathon and wanted to watch the fireworks without crowds. This place ended up being fabulous. I think it is underrated. Our waiter was wonderful. Super lovely. The food was all delicious 😋 everything was perfect.

We asked for a window table and they were able to accommodate after we waited for a few mins. Look at this view, I can see Space Mountain and the Castle from our window!!

Next we order drinks.

There was a glow option soo you know what I got...

Mom's martinee

The bread was yummy, messy but perfect crunchy outside, soft inside.

The butter was great too, no Jiko... but really, really good.

For apps I order the lobster bisque; so yummy huge chunks of lobster in it!

Mom order the calamari , she looved it. I am not a squid person, so I will take it word for it.

Dinner arrived... man are waitress is soo nice, just chatting us up and always taking pics for us. She is really good.

We both did serf and turf but I got lobster and mom got scallops.

Continue on next post...

Wow... the steak was cooked perfectly. The lobster... I have not had this good of lobster in a long time soo good. The veggies were even good too!!

Mom raved about her food too, loved every bite!!

So at 8, they dim down the lights and they projected the music to Enchantment.

Mom stayed in the her seat and watched it from there. I tried taking on pic and the glare was bugging me, so I went around to the porch. The porch is where they take us to watch the fireworks. It is lovely and not crowded at all. Loved it.

Here is one pic from the porch. It was such a great way to experience the new show without the crowds.

We finish of dinner and guess what we could watch the electoral nighttime show from our seat too!!

I saw the new 50th added float!

Now for dessert.... I am soo full I soo want dessert but I am full...

So I order a chocolate martini instead and ask for extra chocolate. This is what I kind, my kind of people.

This was a wonderful dinner experience. I would loove to do it again but it is expensive soo not to often, lol. Next time need to get dessert here.

Next issue, how to get back to our hotel. We ask the staff what would be best. The staff said it can be hard to get a lyft/uber at this time, cause MK was just closed.... they thought safest way take monorail to MK, to then hop on bus to AKL.

So even I am running out pixie dust energy at this point. I am tried. We head on to the monorail.... cross the crowds over to the busses and of course our bus stop is the farthest away... lol. Isn't that how it always is when your tired.

And no busses... bah.. so we wait. We are 2nd in line. we sit and wait. Bus arrives and we head, good news we get a seat.

We have been up since 2ish am... it is 9ishpm so we have been up for 19ish hours.... I have killed my mom and yes I am getting low on pixie dust.

We make it to our lodge, we slowly trudge up to our room and I grab an ice cream cookie on the way out and we sleep.

I think 10ish is when we made it back.

Monday morning.... we are leaving today :(

Our view this morning... we were happy to just sleep in... look the sun is even up. So much better than our 2am wake up calls the last two days.

This morning I check my yesterday's step totals.. a record for me over 51,000 steps!! 23.1 miles... still not marathon length yet though.

We head to breakfast at the club again... I just ignore everything else and go straight to the good stuff. Today Biscuits and gravy. It is really good, and the biscuits are fresh!! Man the breakfast here was great everyday!!

We slowly pack up... so sad :(

And we go out to check out the savannah again cause why not?

And yes I am soo wearing one of my shirts today! Tina 10k shirt.

Then we go shopping. We have not shopped yet in the store. Crazy right?? This store is really big and really amazing. I buy my son a real rain stick and some AK binoculars. I get a AKL magnet and then I saw this shirt. Finally got something for my husband. We are heading to Aulani in July so now DH has a shirt. I text his a pic of it to make sure he likes it. He does, what is also gre about this shirt, it is not a Tommy Bahama shirt so it much more reasonable of a price! My mom looks to see if they have a size for my dad but nope, not big enough for dad.

And now we leave :( We wait at the front for our car pick up. We talk to a very nice cast member and wait for our car. We are early. Then they text me they have arrived and we meet up with our driver from Tiffany's.

We get dropped off. Everything is easy real easy since mom is 1st class and they just let me tag along with her. Then we go into security check go into the pre clear line. It is a little wait, but make it up and the a sucky thing then happened to me. The guy looking at my ticket and my licenses says he has no record of me. I say that cannot be right, look I have a ticket right there in your hand. That ticket was printed off here, not a print from home. And here I pull up my email with flight confirmation information on it.... he keeps denying me and not letting me in saying there is no record of me.... I say what can I do then to fix this... because this is a mistake and I need to make my flight he told me go back to United. So I go back to united, my mom using her first class access flags down an employee and we explain the issue. The employee has not heard that before and takes to the desk and waves for a manager. We tell the manger and he does not understand either... he is like you have a ticket... what could be there issue? He prints a new one that looks exactly the same. I say this is not any different... what happens if they do not accept it again... he said come get me and I walk you down and verify you are on the plane. I am soo thankful to have such a nice manger to help us out. So we go back in line again, I get a different person but was right next to the other guy and she said you again. I said yep, I said this should work I talked to United manager and he said this does not work then he will come and verify in person I have a flight and I added he has never heard of this issue before. She does her thing and waves me by, yeah! I see behind me another guy is having the same issue I had with same security guy I had last time. I think there is something wrong with the computer they are using.... But we made it through and decide time for a drinks!

I get a mojito and mom gets a bloody mary.

We eat here too but forgot to take a pic then we head on the airplane.

Here is the best thing I did, I saved Gidens cookie for the plane. And of course I forgot a pic... I think I am just tried... but damn my cookies and cream cookie was amazing. So happy that at least one of my cookies from that long line. I like having a little treat on the airplane to make me feel better that I am leaving disney.

Nothing else special.. we flew home and landed. I hung up my three new medals on my disney medal rack! My longest run yet!!

Next year my goal is to run my first marathon, Rundisney 2023 here I come!! I already have my DVC reservation with another 1 bedroom AKL club level for that weekend!! I do loove club level for a run weekend.
Overall this was wonderful. Everything about this weekend was great. I am soo happy we joined DVC... I would never would have been able to have this experience with out it.

Thank you guys for joining along. Let me know what you liked or have any questions or comments about my trip! I love to hear them.

Last edited:

Congrats on completing the challenge and thank you for sharing your trip with us!
You and your mom were troopers!
And your pics are awesome - definitely worth the time you took IMO!
I ran the 10K too and I could not have done a long park day like you guys did!!!
I loved the race and it made me want to try the half for wine and dine next November… you trop report just sealed the deal! I will try to register this week when it opens up ☺️
Thanks again for sharing with us what was definitely a whirlwind but unforgettable trip!

Congrats on completing the challenge and thank you for sharing your trip with us!
You and your mom were troopers!
And your pics are awesome - definitely worth the time you took IMO!
I ran the 10K too and I could not have done a long park day like you guys did!!!
I loved the race and it made me want to try the half for wine and dine next November… you trop report just sealed the deal! I will try to register this week when it opens up ☺
Thanks again for sharing with us what was definitely a whirlwind but unforgettable trip!

Thank u!! Nice job running the 10k! I joke around with my mom that I run on pixie dust a day have endless energy at Disney. It is the only reason why.
The wine and dine looks like such a fun race. Soo do it!! Adventually we will be doing that out can only afford one race a year.

Now THAT is a trip report!! Congrats on your first 1/2 marathon! It looks like you had a great time with your mom and it is a trip you will always remember. I just joined RunDisney last year and am trying to figure out which race to run at WDW. The virtual ones don't excite me, lol. Keep up the running!

Now THAT is a trip report!! Congrats on your first 1/2 marathon! It looks like you had a great time with your mom and it is a trip you will always remember. I just joined RunDisney last year and am trying to figure out which race to run at WDW. The virtual ones don't excite me, lol. Keep up the running!

Thank you! Disney's Marathon 2023 registration date is coming up, you should think about joining in on the fun :) I agree virtual are not as fun I have done a few during covid lockdown time, but now that we can travel again I am all about the live races much more fun.

Thank you! Disney's Marathon 2023 registration date is coming up, you should think about joining in on the fun :) I agree virtual are not as fun I have done a few during covid lockdown time, but now that we can travel again I am all about the live races much more fun.
Yeah, I have been eyeing that 2023 date. I have run several 1/2 marathons, 10Ks and road races but it never occurred to me to do one at WDW until I learned about RunDisney. It sounds like all of those characters and park selfies could put a real damper on my time, though. LOL ;-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter