"Print your own" wedding invitations

ExCPKate

Mouseketeer
Hi Ladies!

Have any of you used the invitation kits that they sell at craft stores instead of paying to have them made? Also, are they hard to do, and do they come out looking nice?
I looked at some stores(Michaels, Jo-Ann Fabrics, Party City), but I was wondering if there are any good websites that have quality invitations. I appreciate your suggestions!

I'm using the print your own programs. They turned out a lot better than I thought they would. My mother thinks they are absolutely gorgeous! As far as the print your own invitations....they don't have much variety. But if you like any of the styles they have at the craft stores I'm sure they would come out lovely. I think it is all up to how much you want to spend on the invitations themselves. Just remember that they do not come with reception cards, direction cards, or rsvps. Just consider that into your budget. Happy invitation hunting! :yay:

Thats pretty cool. I was planning to get mine done on this website called finestationery.com..... Does anyone know about the invitations Disney Weddings do

ExCPKate said:
I thought Disney doesn't offer invitations? Or are they just extra?
I've heard that Disney sends save the dates, but not invitations. I can't remember if that is only for custom weddings.

I think the save the dates are only for customs and I was also told (on here) they don't do invitations. I thought you just had to pay for them too, but I was told they don't do them at all.

DisneyFairy19 said:
Thats pretty cool. I was planning to get mine done on this website called finestationery.com..... Does anyone know about the invitations Disney Weddings do

Cute invitations on this site DisneyFairy! I will be printing my own programs and buying my invitations.

BrideToBe82 said:
Cute invitations on this site DisneyFairy! I will be printing my own programs and buying my invitations.
BrideToBe82,

What is the website for Disney Fairy? I couldn't find it. :sad2:

Oh my goodness, I think I need to take a day off or something! I thought the site was called Disney Fairy, until I looked up again at all the posts. LOL...THAT was my ditzy moment for the day! :rotfl2:

ExCPKate said:
Oh my goodness, I think I need to take a day off or something! I thought the site was called Disney Fairy, until I looked up again at all the posts. LOL...THAT was my ditzy moment for the day! :rotfl2:

Haha thats ok we all have those days :dance3:

Do you have a Paper Source (http://www.paper-source.com/) near you? I made my own invites and got a lot of my ideas from them and even some of the supplies. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

ExCPKate said:
Hi Ladies!

Have any of you used the invitation kits that they sell at craft stores instead of paying to have them made? Also, are they hard to do, and do they come out looking nice?
I looked at some stores(Michaels, Jo-Ann Fabrics, Party City), but I was wondering if there are any good websites that have quality invitations. I appreciate your suggestions!

I recommend this site

http://www.capturedmomentsboutique.com/Disney.htm

They have Disney invitations and wedding invite kits.

We printed our own invitations. We bought an invitation set from Target for about $20. It came with response cards too. We printed them using the high quality photo setting. It took a few tries to get them just the way we wanted, but I figured we saved a couple hundred dollars. They looked great.

Marne

Thank you all for your suggestions. I think I'm getting some good ideas. There is an invitation that I really like that keeps on popping up on various websites. So I think I will probably go with that! I'm just worried that the invitations will look like I printed them at home, I don't want people to think I'm cheap! :sad2:

We did use a kit from Michael's and just designed and made our own. Here's an OK pic of the invitation and the response cards. I figured, it's a piece of paper...who's going to care? Although, I did work hard on them. :teeth: After all that we did for our guests at the wedding, I felt that the money was better spent on the event itself.

47b5dc00b3127cce9031f3b643fc00000015108GZuGLVq2M
47b5dc00b3127cce9031f29c034e00000016108GZuGLVq2M

druidia said:
We did use a kit from Michael's and just designed and made our own. Here's an OK pic of the invitation and the response cards. I figured, it's a piece of paper...who's going to care? Although, I did work hard on them. :teeth: After all that we did for our guests at the wedding, I felt that the money was better spent on the event itself.

Those are my thoughts exactly. I have been invited to 3 weddings in the past 6 months and I cannot remember for the life of me what any of the invitations looked like (including my own sister's which I helped make!!! :rotfl: ) I get myself so worked up that everything has to be so perfect, but I don't think spending $300 on invitations when you can do them for $50 is a legitimate expense. However, there are Mickey and Minnie ones online that I LOVE, so who knows!!!

druidia said:

those are really nice and elegant. Is that the castle punch? Thanks for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter