Problem with bed

linco711

DIS Veteran
Does anyone else have problems with the height of the beds? I‘m trying to get ideas about what I can do to get into bed easier? I’m only 5 foot and the beds are so high for me that I hurt my back getting in. 🥺 I’d be happy to hear if there’s anything I can get from housekeeping that would help? Thanks in advance for any help.

My 76 year old mother has a problem with them being too high but we just laugh as she tries to back in and get up on the bed :p
:tongue:

I also find the beds too high...I'm only 4' 7". I have to do a running jump to get in. I find BWV studio rooms to be the hardest to get into...I sleep on the side closest to the wall...no room for a running start!
It's hard to get in a bed that is a few inches higher than my hip!
I should start bringing a folding step stool!

Handicap rooms have beds lower to the ground. Not sure if this something you would like to request.

I also find the beds too high...I'm only 4' 7". I have to do a running jump to get in. I find BWV studio rooms to be the hardest to get into...I sleep on the side closest to the wall...no room for a running start!
It's hard to get in a bed that is a few inches higher than my hip!
I should start bringing a folding step stool!
It’s a real problem for short people. I’m surprised more people don’t complain about it. The beds are comfortable once you get in though..

Pack a foldable step stool?

Asking housekeeping if they've a small stepstool seems advisable to me.

They keep some mobility devices like portable toilet seat risers, so I'd bet they can find you a stepstool.

If you go often and haven't an Owner's Locker already, investing in that for stashing a collapsible stepstool may be helpful. That way, you know you'll have one, whichever resort you're in.

Really, my wife's a shade over 5ft and just backs up, gets on her tippy toes and eases back into bed. Maybe OKW beds are shorter, but she found this post "interesting". We're both retired, so not youngins.

My DH also has issues.
I haven't bought anything yet, but looking at something like this.

https://www.amazon.com/Portable-Fol...1426&pd_rd_wg=uU5TT&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mi&th=1

Look around, there are some an inch or two higher or lower.
I keep similar folding stools in various places around my house so I can reach the shelves. I'm 5' and have been complaining about the height of the beds at DVC resorts for years. The older I get the more difficult it's getting to get in and out of the beds. I'm going to start bringing the folding stool with when we travel.

I've been in some villas where there was a step stool either in the closet or in the bathroom. I'd call housekeeping & ask for them to bring a step stool to your room. I'm pretty sure I've seen it listed as one of the items you can request.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter