Professional Internship Spring 2012

Hey! I also applied to finance and accounting!! I haven't heard back either and I also had my second interview couple of weeks ago!! I'm so nervous I want to know as well!! I heard that if you work with Finance and Accounting, you would be placed at Team Disney, but it depends i think. Good luck to you too!! :D

Hmmmm. I had my first interview in early September and I haven't heard back since. I checked my status on disney careers and my status is "Interviewing". I still havent heard back for a 2nd interview but they did send me an email requesting my college transcripts.

If you dont mind me asking, what kind of questions did they ask you on your second interview? Well I guess all I can do is cross my fingers and hope that I get a call for a 2nd interview.

I was looking at past threads about the PIs and it seems like Disney started to accept Alumni Only PIs around this time, does that seem right?

I'm so desperate to know, I don't think I can wait any more! Every week for the past month I've said to myself "This is gonna be the week they contact me" and then its not.

Hi everyone! I'm glad I found this thread after looking through countless CP videos and not finding a single thing about PIs! I was accepted for Spring 2012 as an intern for Creative Costuming so hopefully I can meet people in the same dept or related to Entertainment. :)

I've never done the CP so I do not know if the situation is the same for the PIs (having to meet and "pick out" your roommates, etc.)

Hope to talk to you more soon! :D

HEY!!

I've been reading this thread ever since I applied in the beginning of October, however this is my first time posting.
I applied for two PIs in Animal Programs: Reproductive Biology and Conservation & Behavior ... after about a week I received an email requesting that I fill out Questionnaires for these two positions. I then received a follow up email stating that decisions would be made on December 2 and not to fret if you don't receive a phone call.

The problem is ...... I haven't received any other emails/phone calls. :confused: Has anyone else heard anything about these positions?? I've seen where a lot of the aquatic positions have been offered, but there is not much info on the departments I applied to. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. :thumbsup2:

Also, if you received the email about "documents to be completed", you're probably going to get a phone call within the next day or two. At first it sounds like they just have to check a few more eligibility requirements, and if you agree to it all, then they tell you you have the job. At least, that's what happened with me. Good luck!

Have other people had a similar wait after receiving this email? My interviewers told me it'd be a much longer wait to hear anything so I was surprised to get this email now.

Also, did your dashboard change after receiving the email?

My dashboard still says interviewing and I have not yet received an email of congratulations. They did tell me that I would know by December... I had a great interview so I still think I am their best choice.

I'm so tired of waiting for the answer!! When are they going to call for the Alumni-only PI's?? I hope I don't have to wait until december...:sad2:

Got accepted for an accounting/finance position in retail/merch in Anaheim today! I was pretty much in shock.

Has anyone else heard from the accounting/finance department yet?

Anyone else wake up and have that feeling "Today is gonna be the day they let me know!" ? Then when night comes you say "Tomorrow is gonna be it, I can feel it!"?

I've been like this since October :rotfl: Going a little crazy

Hi all,

I just got accepted as a Conservation Education Presenter! I'm looking forward to getting in touch with other people who will be completing Professional Internships in January. This will be my first time participating in a Disney program, and I'd love a support network as I relocate to Orlando, arrange Disney housing, and figure everything else out!

I'm in the same boat and would love to meet more of the Conservation Education Presenters!

Have other people had a similar wait after receiving this email? My interviewers told me it'd be a much longer wait to hear anything so I was surprised to get this email now.

Also, did your dashboard change after receiving the email?

I received this email for two different internships- one after my second interview and one right after I had been scheduled for my second interview but hadn't yet interviewed. It's been about two weeks from the first email and my dashboard did update to "post interview stage" but the other hasn't yet; I interviewed Monday.

I don't think it's any sort of guarantee- I thought so about the first email, but since the second was before they interviewed and then they clearly said they were interviewing several people for the role, I think it just means you have moved beyond the interview stage and are being seriously considered.

They said Monday I should know next week. So butterflies until then!

Got accepted for an accounting/finance position in retail/merch in Anaheim today! I was pretty much in shock.

Hey!! i also applied for Finance and Accounting! congratulations! i got the email to complete the documents about a week ago but I still haven't heard anything...I'm hoping i get a call :(

Hey!! i also applied for Finance and Accounting! congratulations! i got the email to complete the documents about a week ago but I still haven't heard anything...I'm hoping i get a call :(

Have you done a second interview? I did mine two weeks ago from today, so that's about how long it took, for Anaheim at least.

Good luck and let me know if you hear anything!

Congratulations! I got accepted for florida the other day. I think i'm doing recreation accounting? At least I think that's what she said, I was a litlle excited at that point, taking it all in.

Have you done a second interview? I did mine two weeks ago from today, so that's about how long it took, for Anaheim at least.

Good luck and let me know if you hear anything!

Yeah i had all my interviews plus the documents request! the wait is killing me!! Im excited for you!

From what I read on facebook, someone talked to a person at Casting that said they do that when they don't have enough qualified applicants. :/ No bueno for the people who have already applied.

Baha, Lexi it's Jen. Yeah, I posted something on Facebook (my relationship with Facebook is very complex) and then I saw what someone posted in response. It's just completely frustrating because I feel like they should make a priority of evaluating those they do have before trying to bring in more. I'm still in "interview stage." At least take the time to decline those they deem "under-qualified" before looking for more. How's your progress?

Baha, Lexi it's Jen. Yeah, I posted something on Facebook (my relationship with Facebook is very complex) and then I saw what someone posted in response. It's just completely frustrating because I feel like they should make a priority of evaluating those they do have before trying to bring in more. I'm still in "interview stage." At least take the time to decline those they deem "under-qualified" before looking for more. How's your progress?

Hahaha! what are the chances of this?! the internet is a small place. I've been following this thread for a while but haven't posted until I responded to your post. Yeah. I'm not sure why they are doing what they are doing. Rather frustrating. I've had final interviews for the internships I'm still in consideration for and now it's just the waiting game.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter