Project Runway Season 16

Is Ayana the one that covers them up? If so I didn't like that one only because it looked like a figure skating outfit only longer to me. Her pattern said Dixie cup in her language but why would you want to wear something that said Dixie all over it.

I really liked Kentaro's look. He did get help from Brandon though who told me to cut out all the heavy sleeves.

Is Ayana the one that covers them up? If so I didn't like that one only because it looked like a figure skating outfit only longer to me. Her pattern said Dixie cup in her language but why would you want to wear something that said Dixie all over it.
So few customers would know the word, though. I like that better than the (not nearly original) painterly stripes "created" by Claire.
I really liked Kentaro's look. He did get help from Brandon though who told me to cut out all the heavy sleeves.
Taking a suggestion, even asking for advice, from someone is fine. Check, if it weren't, Tim would be superfluous.

So few customers would know the word, though, or even that the design is a word. I like that better than the (not nearly original) painterly stripes "created" by Claire.
Taking a suggestion, even asking for advice, from someone is fine. Heck, if it weren't, Tim would be superfluous.

The issue is that they are not supposed to be using any other sources for making their clothes. I've seen shows where contestants were sent packing for using books, or phone calls to other people to get information on how to put things together.

There was an episode in a previous season where a contestant used his pants to make a pattern during a mens wear challenge. It was featured in the show and no one cared then.

The issue is that they are not supposed to be using any other sources for making their clothes. I've seen shows where contestants were sent packing for using books, or phone calls to other people to get information on how to put things together.

But I've seen designers in the workroom asking others how to do stuff, how is that any different?
I think this is just drama to make sure the viewers turn in next week. Nothing will come of it, especially if the pp saw a commercial showing Claire's winning print.

But I've seen designers in the workroom asking others how to do stuff, how is that any different?
I think this is just drama to make sure the viewers turn in next week. Nothing will come of it, especially if the pp saw a commercial showing Claire's winning print.
I don't know how they determine what's OK, and what's not, but just asking for advice on something isn't the same as using a source (like a pattern book) to create an outfit.

I think "measuring an already existing pair of pants" could be construed as using an outside source (if someone was using the information to figure out how to put those pants together, using some other designers pattern, as it were). Or not, we'll have to wait and see if anything comes of it.

I don't know how they determine what's OK, and what's not, but just asking for advice on something isn't the same as using a source (like a pattern book) to create an outfit.

I think "measuring an already existing pair of pants" could be construed as using an outside source (if someone was using the information to figure out how to put those pants together, using some other designers pattern, as it were). Or not, we'll have to wait and see if anything comes of it.

I'm not talking about advice, I am talking about asking how specifically to do something. That to me is the same as calling someone to ask. I'm pretty sure the twins were doing that all season so far, but I know I have seen it on other seasons, just can't remember any specific examples.
I definitely won't be sad if Claire is booted for cheating but I don't think it is going to happen.
They need to keep the drama going for a few more weeks this season. I have watched this show since it first started and I can't think of any other season where the majority of the designers creations are so meh. The dislike for Claire I have is the only thing keeping the show exciting LOL.

Personally, I cannot understand how measuring is an issue, but what do I know?

I think the show is inconsistant at best lately. Several years ago there was a designer who could not sew. Not a stitch! Yes her designs were nice, but her construction was atrocious. She screwed up so badly one time that Tim allowed them all to go back to Mood. Really????? One year construction counts. Next year, not so much.

This helping business between the twins seemed to be allowed, and therefore I did nto understand why the judges made teh decision to put them in a head to head competition. Both shoudl have been booted it there was no way to determine who was the bottom rung.

Now this nonsense. There are people in just about every area the designers go, so if there ws nay cheating that was taking place in the workroom those folks would know it. I think this is just a lot of overreaching by two bad losers, and some "drama" from the producers.

I cannot understand how measuring is an issue
By itself, measuring isn't really the issue. I think the issue is if the measuring is done in order to obtain a pattern. Someone else's pattern. I believe it's against the rules to use other people's patterns to make/design your clothes.

I think part of the issue might be that she measured the pants at the hotel...they are not supposed to do anything outside the work room.

I think part of the issue might be that she measured the pants at the hotel...they are not supposed to do anything outside the work room.

How would Michael know this if it happened back at the room. I'm pretty sure the rooms are not co ed and it is just the lady's in one. Why would she do something so dumb with others around too to see that. Something isn't right. Maybe it was done in the workroom bathroom.

How would Michael know this if it happened back at the room. I'm pretty sure the rooms are not co ed and it is just the lady's in one. Why would she do something so dumb with others around too to see that. Something isn't right. Maybe it was done in the workroom bathroom.

Margarita told Michael t hat Claire has a measuring tape and was measuring garments in her room.

By itself, measuring isn't really the issue. I think the issue is if the measuring is done in order to obtain a pattern. Someone else's pattern. I believe it's against the rules to use other people's patterns to make/design your clothes.

Ahhhhh...I see!

Yes. I agree that is a problem. I do not understand why the designers let it go on until she won. Would they have been okay with it had she not won?

Ahhhhh...I see!

Yes. I agree that is a problem. I do not understand why the designers let it go on until she won. Would they have been okay with it had she not won?

It seems like they were clearly jealous when they realized she was on top and they were on bottom.

I dunno, the more I think about it, the more annoyed I am at the show - the enforcement of the "rules" seems to be very very spotty. I think it was a really poor decision to bring a "team" on the show to begin with.

It seems like they were clearly jealous when they realized she was on top and they were on bottom.

I dunno, the more I think about it, the more annoyed I am at the show - the enforcement of the "rules" seems to be very very spotty. I think it was a really poor decision to bring a "team" on the show to begin with.
But they weren't accepted as a team. In fact, if I recall correctly, they (the twins) really pushed during the auditions that they designed differently. And were not of the same design ethic.

But they weren't accepted as a team. In fact, if I recall correctly, they (the twins) really pushed during the auditions that they designed differently. And were not of the same design ethic.

Yeah that's why I put "team" in quotes. They were supposed to be individuals, but at least the way the show has been edited, it has very much seemed like they've pretty much operated every episode like a team would. That just seems like a real disadvantage to the other contestants and I have to imagine that the producers were aware it was going on, but didn't care because it would make for good tv. I guess I'm just really not liking this season.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter