Propagating lilies

Puggs

Earning My Ears
Hello, I am new to the Garden Board, love the beautiful pictures!
I have several lilies, Asiatic & Oriental, that are very crowded. I would like to divide them and plant some in other areas. Can anyone tell me how and when to do this? Thanks!

I have a large clump of Asiatic lilies and I plan on digging them up at the beginning of spring, splitting them apart and replanting them. You may be able to dig them up in the fall and replant them before winter. I'm always worried that it may be the one year we have a really bad winter and the shock of digging and splitting will kill them. That's why I opt for the beginning of spring.

Thank you for the reply. I was wondering about the weather also. Last winter we had lots of snow and cold, unusual for East TN.
I may try to do some this fall and some in the spring. Thanks again.

I'm glad Mary was able to help you out, Puggs. :) I just wanted to add another Welcome, to the F&G board. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter