Pros & Cons of an Owner's Locker...

Same but there were some regular zip ties as well. I used the snap off to close it; so next time I should be fine, but after that may be an issue.
We used the snap off to close it after our trip in January, but when we got the locker back last week it had the regular zip ties. Not sure what happened there, but nothing in the locker was disturbed. I wonder if the snap off ones just snapped off during transport or something?

Last edited:
We used the snap off to close it after out trip in January, but when we got the locker back last week it had the regular zip ties. Not sure what happened there, but nothing in the locker was disturbed. I wonder if the snap off ones just snapped off during transport or something?
I'm sure all the transport and moving around at the resorts can snap them off. I've gotten my OL with only 1 of the snap off ties when I know I used 2 the previous visit. I might look into a combo lock instead. Of course that means I'll have to remember the code.

I'm sure all the transport and moving around at the resorts can snap them off. I've gotten my OL with only 1 of the snap off ties when I know I used 2 the previous visit. I might look into a combo lock instead. Of course that means I'll have to remember the code.
You all convinced me to sign up. My empty locker will be at BLT on my arrival day. The website said they no longer use ties. They now use breakable, numbered seals.

I imagine the first time will be intense lugging everything I want to keep in the locker (2 pairs and of sneakers, flip flops, full size shampoo, etc). Do you think I pack that and take that extra duffle bag on the plane or ship to BLT prior to arrival? Thanks!!!

You all convinced me to sign up. My empty locker will be at BLT on my arrival day. The website said they no longer use ties. They now use breakable, numbered seals.

I imagine the first time will be intense lugging everything I want to keep in the locker (2 pairs and of sneakers, flip flops, full size shampoo, etc). Do you think I pack that and take that extra duffle bag on the plane or ship to BLT prior to arrival? Thanks!!!
We brought non-consumable things like kitchen equipment from home, but we bought all the consumables (full size shampoo etc., laundry supplies, and so forth) when we bought our groceries on arrival day.

Yes, we noticed that on our trip last week and weren't happy about it because our scissors are INSIDE our locker.
Yes, my scissors are among my MVP items. I used them this trip to remove a Target security tag on a curbside order. The scissors and the blanket. And now I have my favorite conditioner.

I have enough snap off zip ties to at least last a couple trips.

I used it as an excuse to fly 1st class, so I had 2 70lb checked bags allowed. Now I just need to find an excuse to justify first class on the next trip....

Con lots of money for no reason and even more money now that they raised their rates supposedly.

Just not worth it by any stretch IMO.

Heck we could take more luggage for free if we wanted to and don't already.

And remember, as long as you’re not staying in a studio, you have a drawer full of (relatively) sharp pointy things in the kitchen.

Very bad ones

I have a knife roll personally with specific covers for the couple of knifes I take with me places. You can just put them in your checked bag.

Very bad ones

I have a knife roll personally with specific covers for the couple of knifes I take with me places. You can just put them in your checked bag.
My point is they are plenty sharp enough to cut a zip tie (which is about all I've ever used a knife in a DVC villa kitchen for anyway). We don’t actually cook anything, so the relative quality and sharpness of the knifes is moot.

Con lots of money for no reason and even more money now that they raised their rates supposedly.
Not sure $125-$150 a year qualifies as “lots of money” compared to the total cost of two or three annual trips to WDW, by any stretch, but I suppose it’s relative.

I too can get as much free luggage as I’ll ever need (for up to 8 people for that matter), but I’d simply rather not shlep some stuff back and forth on every trip. For me, it's about convenience and has nothing to do with luggage cost or quantity, and everything to do with just throwing clothes and a shaving kit in a suitcase and knowing that most of the other stuff we use everyday at home is also waiting for us in our villa. Things like OTC medication, water pitcher and filter, ponchos (because I've NEVER had use for one here in So Cal, so there they stay), Tide Pods, electric kettle, spare phone cables and charge bricks, even contacts and contact solution are all waiting for us when we arrive.

No more "Oh sh#@, I forgot XXX" moments on the way to the airport alone is worth the relatively minimal cost (we even have a couple of spare MB's in there, because I DID forget those one time).

Last edited:
Not sure $125-$150 a year qualifies as “lots of money” compared to the total cost of two or three annual trips to WDW, by any stretch, but I suppose it’s relative.

It's that amount simply to not store it at my own home and take it from the airport home and back.

I will take the extra $125-$150 for essentially nothing. Plus now I don't need to buy any duplicates of anything I would use at home as well.

The pain in the butt stuff that I don't really want to bring I wouldnt buy extra of like an All Clad pan or Le Crusette pot or stroller.

No more "Oh sh#@, I forgot XXX" moments on the way to the airport alone is worth the relatively minimal cost (we even have a couple of spare MB's in there, because I DID forget those one time).

Dead easy look up packtor. Multiple lists, checklist, add everything to it, no chance you forget anything.

We have list for Disney, Cruise, Islands and have sections of a list if we do like Alaska.

If we do a short weekend trip somewhere we also just check off things we don't need of the lists.

@MyDogTink when I got my OL in January, I brought as many extra things in my luggage as possible, plus I shipped a boxful of stuff to the resort two weeks before my arrival. This worked really well, and our OL was fully stocked by the end of the January trip, and ready for use for our March trip.

We have had Owners Lockers ever since it was started and love them!
I recently bought a couple of mesh shower bags and put my makeup and shower stuff in one bag and my husband’s shaving stuff, etc in the other. Now it’s a breeze when we unpack our OL because all the stuff that goes into each bathroom area is altogether. I just grab the mesh bags and it’s done. I also took some reusable shopping bags to place my kitchen stuff in, another with all our laundry stuff and another with our misc stuff like ponchos, fans, etc. What a difference it made when we were packing back up, too! (With the revised organization, I removed the dividers and the plastic boxes since they were always a pain to refill at the end of the trip.)

I keep a small k- cup coffee maker in mine along with other kitchen and bath things. I may replace the k-cup machine in the near future with a Nespresso style machine as they are starting to put Keurig Duo machines in the refurbed rooms.

Yes, we took an extra duffel bag down the first time. I packed every nook and cranny of it and then we just left it in our locker as a just in case bag. (We still had room in the tote and I thought we took a lot.)
We're going back down in August and I think im going to ship some items down. I like to keep xtra things on hand and rather than worry about it once we get there. Ill just start a box here and throw items in as i think about it.

I keep my own set of zip ties in there to use in case i am missing them to send it back. I find the ones from home work better.
I haven't seen the "new and improved" version of the ties that Owner's Locker is providing. But I agree with this PP. I bought a package of zip ties at Dollar Tree and found that they were easier for me to use than the old version that Owner's Locker provided. I keep the package in my locker.

I put nail clippers in my carry-on bag. They work to cut open the zip ties.

I personally don't bother with a lock. It would be annoying and inconvenient for me if somebody tried to steal from my locker. But it probably would be annoying and inconvenient for the thief, too, because they would dig through it and discover that there is nothing of value in there.

I haven't seen the "new and improved" version of the ties that Owner's Locker is providing. But I agree with this PP. I bought a package of zip ties at Dollar Tree and found that they were easier for me to use than the old version that Owner's Locker provided. I keep the package in my locker.

I put nail clippers in my carry-on bag. They work to cut open the zip ties.

I personally don't bother with a lock. It would be annoying and inconvenient for me if somebody tried to steal from my locker. But it probably would be annoying and inconvenient for the thief, too, because they would dig through it and discover that there is nothing of value in there.
The ones they sent in March were no different than what I have always gotten so can't say they were any better. I did just order for my trip the TSA lock someone in this thread recommended so I am just going to use that from now on! Just as easy!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter