Pros & Cons of an Owner's Locker...

Do they still offer a DVC discount? There used to be a link on the DVC member website, but I can't find it...

We have had ours since they started in 2007(?), in fact our OL is actually blue not purple (!). The contents have changed as our kids have gotten older - it used to be a lot of the typical things mentioned and some age-appropriate toys along with Xmas lights, etc.

We had our youngest start to leaving himself a note in the OL to read when we return (every 2 years) - he's done it every time and he's now 19 and in college. He also leaves some pictures from the photo booth at the BW in there too (we ususally go with some good friends of ours) He's always excited to open the OL when it's delivered.

I have a real nice bottle of bourbon in there (Pappy, for those bourbon folks out there) which I love on vacation and special glasses, mugs, blankets, toiletries and a backpack/cooler combo that we only use at the parks.

We have 2 OL’s - I think we got the first in 2010 and the second shortly thereafter. We love them - we go once or twice per year for 8-10 nights each trip. We have the plan that covers 1 visit per year and then pay extra if we go a second time. We have status with delta so we generally check 4 bags and the OLs will never replace the luggage but we keep special things in the OLs plus essentials. It is totally worth it to have a Nespresso, a full bar (vodka, rum, gin, bourbon), glassware (personalized etched wine glasses and cocktail glasses from the Arribas brothers - I remember when we bought each set), disney themed coffee mugs, pool gear (bag, hat, insulated mug), clothing (a few DVC shirts, pull overs, rain jackets), a monorail throw blanket, mickey cocktail shaker. We also keep extra dishwasher and laundry pods (always have a 1 or 2 BR), magic bands, sliders, chip clips/bag clips, wine key, wine stopper, emergency medical supplies (although we aren’t great about keeping up on expiration dates), paring knife, pizza cutter, citrus squeezer (for cocktails).

totally worth it - honestly we’d get a 3rd but between all our luggage, groceries, and 2 OL’s its kind of embarrassing as it is when bell services brings all our stuff to us.

Do they still offer a DVC discount? There used to be a link on the DVC member website, but I can't find it...
There is, but I can’t remember how to find it. Did you search for Owners Locker on the member website after logging in? I know from experience that search function isn’t always productive! And you could search for it here on DISboards - I think I’ve seen the link posted in the last few months.

We've been using OL for years. Always delivered on time. Some of the most useful items we keep are an electric kettle, electric alarm clock for the bedroom, laundry detergent, and a Mickey Drawstring tote bag.

Here was what I have in mine. Havent brought checked luggage since I owned
Spray Fans x3
Laundry Detergent - Lg container
Power Strip/phone charger
Ponchos
umbrellas - 2
Tie Wraps
Shaving Cream
scissors/sewing kit
nail clippers -adult & child
bubble bath
shopping bag for laundry
Baby Wipes - full container
Cleaning Wipes - full container
Coloring Books/blank paper
colored pencils/sharpener
crayons - 24 pack
Razor
Razor Blades
Crocs
Coffee Mug
Keurig & pods
Extra Magic Bands
Pool Bag
T shirts

There is, but I can’t remember how to find it. Did you search for Owners Locker on the member website after logging in? I know from experience that search function isn’t always productive! And you could search for it here on DISboards - I think I’ve seen the link posted in the last few months.

Nothing came up on the search. Maybe there is no longer a direct discount link??

We signed up a couple days ago. Our next trip is in 3 weeks so we will start loading it the . We got an inflatable mattress, sheets, and blanket as the main purpose as our kids hate to share a bed (daughter 13 and son 11). We have a bunch of chargers, grooming kit, first aid kit, and otc meds to take down with us too. We will likely be adding sunscreen, toiletries, pool stuff, etc.

This thread made me decide to sign up for this, and the link above worked for me. Here’s my question: Our next trip is in October. If I purchase that first year plan, are they going to start it from now, or from my first trip? In other words, do I need to wait till closer to the trip? Also, how do I get it delivered to the resort?

This thread made me decide to sign up for this, and the link above worked for me. Here’s my question: Our next trip is in October. If I purchase that first year plan, are they going to start it from now, or from my first trip? In other words, do I need to wait till closer to the trip? Also, how do I get it delivered to the resort?
Starts from your first use. To get it delivered, you go to your dashboard and click on "Schedule a New Visit":

locker.jpg

Actually another question, does Owner’s locker only deliver to Disney Hotels, or will they also deliver to other Disney area hotels like Bonnet Creek and Sheraton Vistana?

Actually another question, does Owner’s locker only deliver to Disney Hotels, or will they also deliver to other Disney area hotels like Bonnet Creek and Sheraton Vistana?
They deliver to many more. I believe they do NOT deliver to UO. You can see a full list of the hotels in a pull-down menu when you go to that schedule a visit link. I would guess it is several hundred, plus there is a (800) number to call if a location isn't on their list.

Not coming right away? Not a problem. You can sign up now and you won't be charged the one time Membership Fee until 30 days before your first Visit. Your yearly storage/delivery plan is not charged until your Locker comes back into the warehouse filled for the first time. This date then becomes your Anniversary Date for your yearly storage/delivery plan.
What resorts will you deliver Lockers to?
A lot. In fact there are almost 200 approved resorts listed on our site. As a general rule, we will deliver to any hotel/resort within about a 10 mile radius of the attractions. If you don’t see one listed, contact us, we’ll have a look at the location and get back to you.

Can you deliver my Locker to a non-approved resort?
Not for the standard Visit fee. When you schedule your Visit, make a note in the comment section and we can discuss how to handle your request.

Can you deliver my Locker to a private home or apartment?
Not for the standard Visit fee. When you schedule your Visit, make a note in the comment section and we can discuss how to handle your request.

A point no one mentioned, the warehouse is pretty convenient, if you are going somewhere they don't deliver, I was going to a private house. Some of the older information suggests they don't want you going there, but I had no problem going to pick it up myself. If you go that route, they rent strollers at the warehouse too.

I was on the fence about the OL but the suggestion of putting a blanket in it sold me! I also have about a thousand Disney coffee mugs and thought it might be nice to keep a few in my OL to use when I’m in WDW. Does anyone have a suggestion for storing fragile things in the OL?
My MVP item is a fluffy blanket from the Disney outlet in 2019. It's the nicest blanket, I keep trying to find another one and can't. I had a coffee mug and it broke. I recommend a metal one in the bins. I'm sure they get thrown around.

If it got destroyed in a hurricane, there's nothing I would cry over. But some of these items, like an old swimsuit and flip flops, are really helpful for not needing to pack.

If it got destroyed in a hurricane, there's nothing I would cry over. But some of these items, like an old swimsuit and flip flops, are really helpful for not needing to pack.
Keeping a full set of toiletries, some shoes, and only-wear-them-at-Disney clothes/t-shirts in the OL makes it easy to pack carry-on only.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter