PTR - East Coast and US and WDW Nov-Dec 14

*sigh* you're both probably right. Just seems so sad to have to leave Disney so early...

We are doing an AA afternoon flight. It gets into LAX at 5.55pm and our int'l flight leaves at 10.30pm. I am comfortable with the 4 1/2hr gap.

Caroline, could I please ask the flight number? I don't see anything that gets in at that time.

it was originally at 6.55pm, but has been moved forwards by 1 hr

Hmm, the 205 is showing up as leaving 9:30am, arriving 11:55am on the day I'm looking. I think I might actually book that. The other best option would be the 12:50pm, arriving 4:55pm via DFW, but that would waste a day. I'd have to leave WDW too early to really do anything, and I'd arrive in LAX too late to do much apart from wait around for a plane.

Ah the old connection dilemma...

I have to admit, I play it really safe with connections and like to leave 5 hours for a domestic/international transfer, especially if you have to collect your luggage. It's probably overkill, but it sounds like you're not going to find what you really want anyway.

Well, I can't believe this, but just a week after I booked the AA flight that was supposed to be 9:30 depart MCO, 11:55 arrive LAX, AA have changed their schedule! And they've even moved me onto a different flight...now I'm supposed to leave MCO at 6:55...! The flight number I originally booked (the 205) is now departing 16:35, arriving 19:10. I still think that's cutting it fine for a 22:55 LAX-MEL departure, so I don't think I want to change it.

There are a couple of upsides, I guess. I really will have a full day in LA, I'll have to get up super early to catch the flight, so will be exhausted by the time I board...I just hope I can sleep! haha

Well, I can't believe this, but just a week after I booked the AA flight that was supposed to be 9:30 depart MCO, 11:55 arrive LAX, AA have changed their schedule! And they've even moved me onto a different flight...now I'm supposed to leave MCO at 6:55...! The flight number I originally booked (the 205) is now departing 16:35, arriving 19:10. I still think that's cutting it fine for a 22:55 LAX-MEL departure, so I don't think I want to change it.

There are a couple of upsides, I guess. I really will have a full day in LA, I'll have to get up super early to catch the flight, so will be exhausted by the time I board...I just hope I can sleep! haha

How annoying! I suppose though if you're going with an early morning flight anyway it may as well be first thing!

How annoying! I suppose though if you're going with an early morning flight anyway it may as well be first thing!

Hehe, true. And now I'm wondering whether I can get AA to check my bags all the way through to Melbourne, so I don't have to worry about what to do with them when I get to LA. A few posts on the interwebs suggest this is likely, even though I've booked two separate tickets - anyone have experience with this?

Hehe, true. And now I'm wondering whether I can get AA to check my bags all the way through to Melbourne, so I don't have to worry about what to do with them when I get to LA. A few posts on the interwebs suggest this is likely, even though I've booked two separate tickets - anyone have experience with this?

I haven't had any personal experience with this, but from what I've read it's highly likely.

Dang! That's a shame about the AA flight.

I don't know if AA will check you all the way through. You could ask and see.

How annoying! Although, if it helps, we had similar flights on our trip back from Orlando. We left in the morning to fly to LAX, and didn't fly home to Auckland until late that evening. We paid for a day room in a hotel and just napped and watched TV. A bit boring, but I can think of worse ways to spend a day.
With that earlier flight, you at least will have enough time to head out to the beach and shops.

Update time, now that plans are coming towards the pointy end...!

Earlier this week, the names of more Candlelight Processional narrators were released. I was originally booked for the 5th, I think, with Whoopi Goldberg. Well, it was then announced that Jonathon Groff would be the voice of Kristoff would be narrating 3 and 4 December. Ahhhh...:lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc

So I quickly switched!

I bought my park tickets one of the nights during the week as I thought I was getting close to FP selection day. I wasn't exactly sure on the day, so wanted to have them all lined up. Went through the checkout process, all paid and then get some message like 'oh, this isn't really finalised yet...we'll let you know!' ugh...came through a couple of hours later, but geez...

Friday was my actual FP selection day. And at 2pm for me, in case anyone else is confused about what time they open up. I got everything I wanted :goodvibes including an A&E meet and two rounds on the 7DMT :woohoo: it was all actually quite painless (again, I think booking for one helps considerably). The times we're pretty easy to move around if they didn't quite work. I've had a quick review, and shuffled a little, but I think I'm just going to leave it alone for now and not over think it.

Personally I'd prefer Whoopi Goldberg, but glad you managed to switch to suit your preferences :thumbsup2

And glad to hear you got all the FPs you wanted too.

Oh, one other thing I forgot to mention - I got in on a MM share. Only $25 to access photos of just me is a lot easier to swallow than $150 all on my own. Maybe a little extra hassle after the fact, but hopefully it'll be worth it!

Personally I'd prefer Whoopi Goldberg, but glad you managed to switch to suit your preferences :thumbsup2

Really? I was sharing my good news with a friend of mine, and she mentioned that JG is gay, which kinda burst my bubble a little bit, but that's ok. He still has a beautiful voice :p

And glad to hear you got all the FPs you wanted too.

TBH, I'm well and truly over planning for this! I'm glad it's done with and I can just leave everything alone and hopefully enjoy it when I get there.

It's looking like a friend and I might be going back to the world next year for Halloween. We really want to try HHN at Universal, but will drop by WDW while we're there. I'm seriously pushing for more Universal days than WDW days due to the hassle of all the scheduling and planning. :faint:

Really? I was sharing my good news with a friend of mine, and she mentioned that JG is gay, which kinda burst my bubble a little bit, but that's ok. He still has a beautiful voice :p

I just used to love Whoopi as a kid, so it would be more for nostalgic reasons :goodvibes

TBH, I'm well and truly over planning for this! I'm glad it's done with and I can just leave everything alone and hopefully enjoy it when I get there.

It's looking like a friend and I might be going back to the world next year for Halloween. We really want to try HHN at Universal, but will drop by WDW while we're there. I'm seriously pushing for more Universal days than WDW days due to the hassle of all the scheduling and planning. :faint:

I take my hat off to anyone who plans a WDW holiday. I seriously don't think I could cope, even as a planner by nature. I think I'd be so busy stressing about having to be at my FP or ADR I'd forget to enjoy myself. Universal in Orlando, on the other hand, keeps getting more and more appealing!

Update time, now that plans are coming towards the pointy end...!

Earlier this week, the names of more Candlelight Processional narrators were released. I was originally booked for the 5th, I think, with Whoopi Goldberg. Well, it was then announced that Jonathon Groff would be the voice of Kristoff would be narrating 3 and 4 December. Ahhhh...:lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc

So I quickly switched!

I bought my park tickets one of the nights during the week as I thought I was getting close to FP selection day. I wasn't exactly sure on the day, so wanted to have them all lined up. Went through the checkout process, all paid and then get some message like 'oh, this isn't really finalised yet...we'll let you know!' ugh...came through a couple of hours later, but geez...

Friday was my actual FP selection day. And at 2pm for me, in case anyone else is confused about what time they open up. I got everything I wanted :goodvibes including an A&E meet and two rounds on the 7DMT :woohoo: it was all actually quite painless (again, I think booking for one helps considerably). The times we're pretty easy to move around if they didn't quite work. I've had a quick review, and shuffled a little, but I think I'm just going to leave it alone for now and not over think it.

Oh, one other thing I forgot to mention - I got in on a MM share. Only $25 to access photos of just me is a lot easier to swallow than $150 all on my own. Maybe a little extra hassle after the fact, but hopefully it'll be worth it!

Great lock-in plans and well done on the FP+.

The point is....you're experiencing CP irrespective of who is narrating. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter