• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

PTR for Noah's wish trip -MAW/GKTW- April 7th - 13th, 2010

I would think the sweatshirt would be enough - but after this winter I am not sure. Be sure to bring or buy at Wal-Mart when you get here ponchos. This was the 3rd wettest March on record. My joints are rusting. Check the forecasts on your computer just before you leave. Today, by the way is another wonderful day.

I will be working at the pool on Friday from 12 - 3 and carousel on Tuesday morning from 8 - 11. These are my regular shifts. And I may be giving a group of high school students a tour on Wednesday, but I am not sure of the time.

Please don't change your schedule for me. I would love to meet you - but having the vacation of a life time is most important. If you are around - stop by. But if it doesn't fit into your schedule - take lots of pictures and do a post trip.

Katie

Beth, thank you for posting!

I knew one of our families was from RI, but I could not remember which one...

I was going to go searching today to make sure you guys were ok. I am glad you guys did not have any damage. That flooding STINKS! Literally and figuratively.

:sad2:

Glad to hear you aren't underwater over there!!! I saw a picture of the Warwick Mall yesterday on the news YIKES :eek: My college roommate lives in Barrington. I wonder if I should dig up her phone number and see if they are ok. Crazy isn't it? Did you happen to see news footage of the street in Fall River that looked like it had been victim to an earthquake!? It was all buckled and split and.........................honestly, it looked like a major earthquake had hit.

Thanks, Maroo and Pamela! The mall is STILL underwater and is closed indefinitely. I've lived here most of my life and never had I seen anything like it! I haven't heard much about Barrington, though Bristol (2 towns over) got it pretty bad. But nothing like the Warwick/Cranston part of the state -- anything near the Pawtuxet River got devastated. When we were originally talking about dates for the trip, we would've been away for this week -- I'm so glad we aren't. Better to be here and see the damage first hand than to be away and worry about it, KWIM? Dry forecast for the next few days --- phew!

I would think the sweatshirt would be enough - but after this winter I am not sure. Be sure to bring or buy at Wal-Mart when you get here ponchos. This was the 3rd wettest March on record. My joints are rusting. Check the forecasts on your computer just before you leave. Today, by the way is another wonderful day.

I will be working at the pool on Friday from 12 - 3 and carousel on Tuesday morning from 8 - 11. These are my regular shifts. And I may be giving a group of high school students a tour on Wednesday, but I am not sure of the time.

Please don't change your schedule for me. I would love to meet you - but having the vacation of a life time is most important. If you are around - stop by. But if it doesn't fit into your schedule - take lots of pictures and do a post trip.

Katie

Katie - I'll be watching the forecast -- thanks for the info! The "plan" ;) is to spend Wednesday and Tuesday (the 2 travel days) hanging at GKTW. So there is a good chance we could cross paths! That would be great! But we all know what can happen to "plans", right??? :laughing: BTW, I wish we were there today -- it looks GORGEOUS down there right now!

Happy Easter. 2 days are you at the I'm to excited to sleep stage yet? I hope you have the most magical trip ever.

What is it...like 5 days??!!!!

Happy Easter. 2 days are you at the I'm to excited to sleep stage yet? I hope you have the most magical trip ever.

Just wanted to say Happy Easter! I can't believe you've only got 2 days left! :woohoo:

Hi guys! Happy Easter to you too! Hope it was a good weekend for you and Miranda I hope Aidan is better and enjoying being HOME!!

We are under the 48hour mark -- WAHOO!!! :banana:

I honestly cannot believe it!! We're in pretty good shape with packing and what not. Just a few odds and ends I have to get today, and I'm going to try to make some keto ice cream today so Noah will have something to eat at the ice cream place at GKTW. I hope it stays frozen on the plane ride!!
The rest of the baking/cooking I did Friday night and it all went relatively well!

Tomorrow is my birthday, but who really cares about that when the following day, we're off on Noah's wish trip! KWIM??? :banana::banana: But as a birthday present for each of us, my sister and I are going to get pedicures tonight. The rest of our pre-BBB started this weekend. Here are a few pics of the girls and me during our day of 'beauty"!

Before and during pics....
Haircuts001.jpg

Haircuts002.jpg

Cutting off Abby's ponytail for donation....

Haircuts005.jpg

And Ella was so grumpy that day, I helped her take a pic of me in my finest...
oh, the things we do for our kids! :laughing:

Haircuts009.jpg

And now the big REVEAL........

Haircuts015.jpg

Haircuts014.jpg

Ella still couldn't wait to get out of there!

And just so the last picture in your heads of me is the last one.....;)

Haircuts018.jpg

The girls and I had a fun "girls day"!!

And since Photobucket is behaving today, here are a few Easter shots...
Noahegghunt.jpg

(Taken last weekend when it was COLD!!)

Easter Morning shananagans with our resident goofball.....

Finding their Easter basket...
basket.jpg

Off to church -- who's the rebel in the shades, hat, untucked shirt and beach sandals?

rebel.jpg

A little better since I got the hat off his head! But there were pirate sunglasses in the Easter basket and other than the actual church service, I don't think he took them off all day!! :laughing:

all4easter.jpg

Hope you all had a great Easter, if it's celebrated in your household. We had a great one -- and also enjoyed the warmer than usual temperatures around here....maybe it's a preview to FLORIDA!!

We are so excited and all this planning wouldn't have been nearly as much fun if I hadn't been doing it with all of you! :hug:

If I post anymore before we leave, it will be a panicked question or two -- so I just wanted to THANK YOU all for following along with us!! :lovestruc

Looks like a fun day of beauty for everyone! Everyone looks lovely! :thumbsup2 WTG Abby for donating to Locks of Love again! My Carmella cut several inches of hair off recently, and I LOVE It shorter.

Okay, if I was going on vacation, and the mall was closed...I would probably be having a heart attack without being able to go shopping! :lmao: I hope a few dry days start to get things back to normal around there. I can't even imagine.

I am praying for glorious weather while you are in Orlando. No rain, just lots of sunny days to celebrate Noah's wish. :hug:

Happy early birthday!!:bday:

If the flooding was anything like what we saw in MS after Katrina...it will be months before things get even remotely normal - and years past that to have things rebuilt. :hug:

We are 5 years out on our coast here and things are really not near normal yet.

Almost time!

I love the new "dos" for everyone!

Lynn

BOARDING PASSES ARE PRINTED!!! :cool1::cool1:

Wahoo!!!!!! :banana:

Last minute charging of electronic devices and CLEARING out the fridge. Dinner tonight promises to be interesting! :laughing:

John woke up today and said he was so excited he can't stand it! He's going to try not to sleep so he'll be awake when the car comes.......

On a side note of FREAK OUT, Ella woke up last night, felt a little warm, said her stomach hurt and needed a drink of water. :eek: I literally almost had a heart attack. We cannot get a stomach bug right now!!!! But so far we're in the clear and she seems fine right now...... but I am on ALERT! :scared:

Oh it's all come together and now it's time to say "I'm a leaven on a jet plane.." I hope you have a safe journey and very magical trip. Take lots of pictures and I can't wait to hear and see all about it.

Good Luck with your last minute packing, which you seem to have under control. Have a fabulous trip and enjoy every minute of it! :wizard: :cheer2: :yay: :woohoo:

Yeah for getting boarding passes printed!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!:cake:

HAVE A GREAT TRIP!!!!

Happy Birthday!!!!!!

:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1: Tomorrow is the BIG DAY!!!!:cool1::cool1::cool1:

I'm so excited for you guys...... Have a BLAST and I can't wait to hear all the details.... :hug:

Sorry to have been MIA from your PTR for a few weeks!

I wanted to be sure to stop in and say. . .

HAVE A GREAT TRIP!!!!!!:yay::woohoo::banana::cool1::cheer2:

Make lots of memories!!!! We'll be looking forward to hearing all about it when you return :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter