PTR:Moving to WDW & Earning Your Ears! (TRIP REPORT HAS STARTED!) 8/14

TinkerbellLuvr7

Tinkerbellluvr7

HI DIS FRIENDS!!!!

Welcome to my 5th or 6th TR!!!!

This will be a short Pre-TR/TR but why not!?

I guess we will just get started!!!!!!!

TITLE OF PRE-TR:

Any guesses???

Well..in August, my brother is moving to WDW and is going to become a CM!! :thumbsup2

He was accepted into the Disney College Program back in April and will be heading down to work for 6+ months! His job is Attractions but we don't know what park and what ride yet! I would hate having to wait like that!!

So my title is for him but I'm helping :) I will be driving down with him, staying a few days, and then flying home while he gets to have all the fun!!

I hope you will join us in the adventure!!!!!

UPDATES!!!!

**CAST INTROS AND PICTURES 6/6/10

**WHEN, WHERE, AND WHATS 6/6/10

**AP OR NO AP?? AND WHAT FLIGHT WOULD YOU PICK?! 6/8/10

**WHAT RESORT TO PICK?! 6/8/10

**AND THE RESORT CHOICE IS...6/10/10

**TRIP INFO UPDATED AND MINI PRETR/TR FOR OUR COLORADO VACATION!! 6/13/10

**WE MADE IT TO THE MILE HIGH CITY! 6/17/10

**HOME FROM THE MILE HIGH CITY!! 6/23/10

**WHAT SIG. ADR TO PICK?! 6/24/10

**MICKEY MAIL AND NEW BOOKS!! 6/29/10

***4th of July and More Mickey Mail! 7/6/10

**ADRs!!! 7/9

***THE SCHEDULE: DAYS 1 AND 2 7/10

**NEW PTR LINK!! (plus BBB info and hair styles!) 7/11

**PRACTICE PACKING 7/12

SCHEDULE DAY 2 7/14

DBRO'S POSSIBLE WORK LOCATION AND SCHEDULE DAY 3 7/15

**MY SMALL LEAVE OF ABSENCE 7/18

**My No Title Update 7/25

**Away for the Weekend 7/29

**MY CP APT PICS!! 8/1

**MY FIRSTS BEING A CP AND PI 8/2

**HELP ME WITH CARRY-ON BAGS!!! 8/3

TRIP REPORT HAS STARTED!!!!

Well now that you know what the title of the Pre-TR is all about, it's time for some INTRODUCTIONS!!!!

HISTORY:

Hi! My name is Megan and I'm formally from Pittsburgh, PA, WDW-Cinderella's Castle and AK, and now sadly, Cincinnati, OH. I'm 25 and currently a Pre-K teacher at a private center north of Cincinnati. I'm also attempting to pass my last teaching test (3 years of trying!) and eventually go into public schools to teach Elementary grades.

I was a CM at WDW from Jan 2008-April 2010. I was accepted in Fall 2007 (during my student teaching) for the Spring 2008 Disney College Program, Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. I went and worked from Jan-May 2008 as a Fairy Godmother in Training at MK BBB.

In the Castle Suite:
mailgooglecom.jpg

Before the guests arrive!
n1405450784_8936_7996.jpg

While I was a CP, I applied for a PI-Professional Internship with Disney and was interviewed at AK and accepted for Conservation Education-Education Presenter and worked at AK from June 2008-Feb 2009.

You bike at AK to get around quickly!
n1405450784_42478_5167.jpg

At the Anteater!
n1405450784_42479_6193.jpg

With one of my roommates on her day off!
n1405450784_42480_7159.jpg

After my internship at AK, I was able to go seasonal with them and worked at AK Feb 2009 and then went back to BBB until May 2009. Since WDW was on a full-time hiring freeze, I had to pack my bags and move, but not home to Pittsburgh..I moved to Cincinnati. At the time, my family was relocating there from Pittsburgh so I found a job teaching there and this past weekend after 2 long years, we finally sold our PA house and moved into a new house in Cincinnati!!!

MY FAVORITES:

Character: Tinkerbell
Princess: Belle
Movie: Peter Pan
Resort: Wilderness Lodge
Signature Restaurant: Artist Point
TS Park Restaurant: Chefs De France
TS Resort Restaurant: Captains Grille
QS Restaurant: Pecos Bill
Ride: Splash Mountain

CRAIG--AKA: DBRO:

My brother Craig, aka Dbro is 23 college graduate: Communications degree, is currently waiting tables back in Pittsburgh, and is working on his Master's degree. He is doing his Master's online so he is able to head to WDW and work while still doing his classes!

He is going to be an attractions CM but he doesn't know what park or what ride(s). His top 3 would be: Jungle Cruise, Tower of Terror, or Kil. Safari. He wants a job where he can "interact" on a higher level than some of the other attractions. I will hope for the best for him!

Dbro in Dec 2009:
106.jpg

Dbro in May 2009:

May085.jpg

Dbro and I in May 2009:

May112.jpg

DBRO'S FAVORITES:

Character: Chip and Dale
Princess: N/A
Movie: Pirates of the Caribbean
Resort: Wilderness Lodge
Sig Restaurant: Artist Point
TS Park Restaurant: Biergarten
TS Resort Restaurant: Chef Mickeys
QS Restaurant: England's Fish and Chips
Ride: Space Mountain

Mom and Dad will not be joining us in this adventure but we are planning on going down in Dec to see Dbro and maybe in Oct too!

Here we all are!

May013.jpg

That is it for the CAST!!!!

UP NEXT:

-DATES
-RESORT CHOICE
-DDP OR NO DDP?
-FLIGHT INFO
-ADRS OR NO ADRS?

STAY TUNED!

NOW FOR THE WHEN, WHERE, AND WHATS!!!!

WHEN: AUGUST 6TH-AUGUST 10TH, 2010

-Leaving FRIDAY AUGUST 6TH AND DRIVING FROM CINCINNATI TO GA
-Getting into WDW in the afternoon on AUGUST 7TH
-PARK DAY on Aug 8th
-Dbro moves into WDWCP apt on Aug 9th
-I fly home on Aug 10th

..see, I told you it was a short trip!!!!!

RESORT CHOICE/WHERE: Don't know yet!!!

I have a friend who said she was willing to give me a CM discount since I'm no longer seasonal so if she can/does our top 3 choices are:
1. Contemporary Resort
2. Poly
3. Either BC/YC or POFQ

If not, we will go with the summer discount and stay at POFQ or Riverside. When we went in March for my birthday, we stayed at POP but since this is for only 3 days and we are only doing 1 park day and most likely not a DDP since Dbro will be gone on Monday, we will pay for the upgrade resort!

WHAT TO DO?!:

..Well, we aren't really sure what we will be doing. I would like to go to the parks on Sunday to see the Summertastic things ie: Parade and Fireworks at MK!

Dbro and I at Chefs De France March 2010:

140.jpg

UP NEXT:

-DINING
-FLIGHTS
-PLANNING IN 2 MONTHS!

Hi Megan,

Glad you've started yet another PTR! Yay! for another trip, especially since you're moving your DB down to Disney :) I remember how excited my DD was before her program & the anticipation, not knowing just where you'll be working but knowing you'll be working for the Mouse!! And of course then you'll get more trips to visit :cool1:

Looking forward to reading more ..........

So exciting

Hope your brother gets a good attraction that he likes :goodvibes

Hi Megan,

Glad you've started yet another PTR! Yay! for another trip, especially since you're moving your DB down to Disney :) I remember how excited my DD was before her program & the anticipation, not knowing just where you'll be working but knowing you'll be working for the Mouse!! And of course then you'll get more trips to visit :cool1:

Looking forward to reading more ..........

Am Here

Back to read now :cool1:

So exciting

Hope your brother gets a good attraction that he likes :goodvibes

:welcome:

I'm happy to have some familiar friends join me!!!!!

Tell your brother good luck! And not to get dissapointed if he doesnt get a one of his top choices. I worked at one of the crappiest show's at MK ( Stitch Lol) and LOVED every single minute of it!! I made more connections and met more awesome people there than I did working the Information Desk at World Of Disney!!! I'm hoping to do a Spring 11' program so maybe I'll get to meet him!!!!

Tell your brother good luck! And not to get dissapointed if he doesnt get a one of his top choices. I worked at one of the crappiest show's at MK ( Stitch Lol) and LOVED every single minute of it!! I made more connections and met more awesome people there than I did working the Information Desk at World Of Disney!!! I'm hoping to do a Spring 11' program so maybe I'll get to meet him!!!!

Thanks!! I told him even if he did like Figment, he would still meet some pretty cool people and maybe to able to cross-train at some point! I told him that it seems as if the Attractions CMs are a very close group!

Hello Megan! :wave:

Love how your Dbro's Princess is not applicable :lmao: Fingers crossed he gets one of his top three... when does he officially find out?

Wow those are great top 3 CM discount choices! I'd love the CR or Poly:cloud9: but I've had a yen for the Beach Club for a while now.

This is a short trip, but it's better than no trip! popcorn::

I'm here Megan!

Yay!! I'm excited that we will be at WDW at the same time!!!

Hello Megan! :wave:

Love how your Dbro's Princess is not applicable :lmao: Fingers crossed he gets one of his top three... when does he officially find out?

Wow those are great top 3 CM discount choices! I'd love the CR or Poly:cloud9: but I've had a yen for the Beach Club for a while now.

This is a short trip, but it's better than no trip! popcorn::

I think he finds out the day he checks in or he at least knows what park on the day he checks in. One of my former roomies was Attractions at Epcot-Soarin and I think she found out at check-in what park she was at and then we went on our CM site and was able to look up our training schedules (by nosing around of course!) and found that her training was at Soarin so I don't think that you find out what ride on day 1 but maybe it has changed?

We are hoping for CR just because we have never stayed there before! Our Mom and Dad stayed there on their Disneymoon in 1981! We like Poly and BC/YC would be nice because of the pool and it being Aug and POFQ was the first WDW Resort we ever stayed at back in 1992 so we'll see what wins out!

HI DIS FRIENDS!!!

I thought I would take some time on my lunch to update before I head back to my crazy kiddos at school!

So basically to recap:

When: We know what days we are going: Aug 6-10, 2010

Resort: My Disney CM friend said she would try and book the resort tonight!!!! I'm to call her "as late as possible" although it seems like it would be so much easier for her to look up the resorts, send the prices to me on FB, and I can tell her which one I want and send her the CC info and Address info but whatever, 40% off is 40% off and I'll do whatever it takes!

Tickets: I was pretty much set on the $131 1 day Park Hopper since I'm no longer a CM and get in for free or have Free Tickets to use but then I began to think of future trips and thought maybe the $500 (with tax I'm guessing?) Annual Pass might be worth it? My one friend that I worked with at AK wants to do a long weekend in Oct so I would be using 2 days of it there, 1 day in Aug and I would have to go like 1 more day to have it paid off? 2 at most! If we go in Dec, Dbro would use his Main Gate I'm assuming but if I got it in Aug, I'd have a whole year to use it and I'm sure I would/could.
What do you think? How much is an adult AP total? If you have one, do you feel it's of good use? The DDP would be nice and I hear they sometimes have good resort discounts. Let me know!

Flight:
I haven't booked my flight yet because I'm torn between 2:

Flight 1: Delta, gets into Cincinnati (closer to home), has a good time: leaves MCO at 5pm and gets in at 7:30pm in CVG (nonstop) but is $150 :scared1:

or

Flight 2: Airtran (I'm still mad at them because of my broken bag!), gets into Dayton (further from home), has eh times: leaves at 7:30pm and gets in at 10pm (nonstop) and is $110.

I'm sure when you look at it you will pick the cheaper one plus I'll have a longer day in WDW that day but it will be close to midnight before I get home and I have to work the following day.
In the end I think the Airtran flight will probably win even though I dislike their customer service and I do have a $54 credit to use from our March trip :thumbsup2

Stay tuned to find out!

That is it for now!

UP NEXT:

*WHAT RESORT WILL WE END UP WITH?!
*WHAT FLIGHT WILL I PICK?
*WHAT WILL I DO ABOUT TICKET(S)?
*WHERE TO DINE ON DAY 1?!

Ooh, I can't wait to hear what resort you'll be staying at. I hope you are able to get the flight you want. We were really lucky because Southwest just started flying out of Milwaukee so we got a couple flights that were $84 each way. Not bad at all! Plus there are no bag fees. :thumbsup2

It is so cool we'll be there at the same time...maybe we'll run into each other!

Ooh, I can't wait to hear what resort you'll be staying at. I hope you are able to get the flight you want. We were really lucky because Southwest just started flying out of Milwaukee so we got a couple flights that were $84 each way. Not bad at all! Plus there are no bag fees. :thumbsup2

It is so cool we'll be there at the same time...maybe we'll run into each other!

I wish we had Southwest here :( They have it in Louisville, KY, Indy, IN, and Columbus, OH which are all 1.5 hr away and the drive compared to 30 mins to Cincinnati and 50 to Dayton..SW would have to have a super cheap deal for me to drive that far to get to an airport!!!

I do :love: the free bags!!!

Following along!

:welcome: I hope you enjoy!!!!!

HI FRIENDS!!!! I just wanted to update quickly before I head to bed!

My friend and I booked our room a few hours ago!

Of course I'm going to make you wait and guess but our top 4 choices were:

CR-tower
Poly-garden
BC/YC-standard
POFQ-standard

I'll let you all guess before I tell you tomorrow night!!!!

I have decided to go with the Airtran flight at $99 and plan on booking that tomorrow so expect a very (finally) detailed update tomorrow!!!

Good luck guessing and stay tuned till tomorrow!!

I hope it's the Poly! Can't wait to hear what you decided. popcorn::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter