• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Purchase Membership merchandise?

rentingspace

love life & live it!! Love my boys!
Hopefully I have the right board.:rolleyes: I want to buy some Membership mechandise do we have a web sight store?:confused3 I bought the luggage tags while I was at the Boardwalk, looking for a shirt or jacket with our logo.:flower3:

There was a sort of "catalog" of sorts a long, long time ago (it only had a few items), but it seems the items that are available change quickly, so it was impractical at the time. With the larger number of members, it would be nice if there were a selection of more permanent items we could order online, along with seasonal and limited items available at the resorts.

I absolutely agree. So I take it from what you are saying Chuck, is that we do not have any online or catalog to purchase items.?

this would be one of the relatively 'minor' changes i'd like to see DVC make in the future. it would be great to maybe incorporate some sort of on-line catalog into the member website where we could purchase members-only items. even things as simple as license plate holders and window stickers would be nice...

and i've found that the limited selection of DVC items sold in the resorts - more often than not - leave much to be desired...

we received a "Portable Perks" booklet with our DVC info

there is an email for information regarding dvc merchandise

wdw.mail.order@disneyworld.com or you can call 407-636-6200

hope that helps

Thanks Kurby I just emailed with the question. Maybe if they get enough interest, we'll have a store.

we received a "Portable Perks" booklet with our DVC info

there is an email for information regarding dvc merchandise

wdw.mail.order@disneyworld.com or you can call 407-636-6200

hope that helps

I got the same thing with our recent paperwork.....

I was hoping it was sort of a quarterly mailer...but from this thread, I'm guessing not.

That email address and phone number is for Walt Disney World's Merchandise Mail Order staff. They handle remote sales of all WDW merchandise. (Yes, you can buy just about anything they sell at the theme parks from home.)

The system works best if you know beforehand what you are looking for and where it can be found at the parks. For instance, if you describe a shirt at MGM's Keystone Clothiers, they will first try to find it in their database. Failing that, they can call over to the store itself and try to get a SKU from a Cast Member based upon the description.

If you're trying to buy something blind ("I want a BoardWalk t-shirt"), the process is going to be a bit more challenging. There are no catalogs and the MMO folks can't email you pictures of the item or anything like that.

I think it would be nice to have some sort of catalog, but still of somewhat limited value. I tend to think that most of the sales would come from those who are very new to DVC. Speaking from experience, once you've been Home 2 or 3 times, you've had ample opportunity to stock up on DVC stuff. And the desire to shop isn't going to subside once the trip begins--Disney will get your money either way. :)

I'm sure they do lose some sales due to lack of mail order, but I guess someone at DVC believes that the revenues wouldn't offset the cost involved with providing such a service. :confused3

You know DVC merchandise is like crack to a lot of folks. They are really missing the boat without offering more merchandise and putting it on a website somewhere.

I grabbed a new DVC member hat on eBay the other day. Not much of a selection but if you need a quick DVC merchandise "fix" you might want to do an eBay search for Disney Vacation Club. :)

I agree and would love a catalog. Rumor had it that there was a DVC watch last year but when I asked at the WLV they looked at me like I had 4 heads. Then when I went to one of the DVC kiosks at the park, one of the guys actually had one and said to try SSR. Needless to say, I never made it over to SSR and the WLV DVC apparel left a lot to be desired. So far all I have is luggage tag and a license plate that it seems I can't even use in NY. And yes I agree with Cobbler 100%. I think I may actually be an addict if the stuff I had seen was just a little nicer.

I agree and would love a catalog. Rumor had it that there was a DVC watch last year but when I asked at the WLV they looked at me like I had 4 heads. Then when I went to one of the DVC kiosks at the park, one of the guys actually had one and said to try SSR.

I'm 90% certain that I saw the watch at Old Key West last month.

There was a big deal about 2 years ago over some limited edition, numbered watches. I don't know if the watch I saw was left over from that or not. It sure looked like the one I remembered seeing in the announcements years ago (gold face with DVC logo, leather band). If so, it may help explain why they don't make as much unique DVC merchandise as some would like to see.

I have seen the famed watch from time to time on eBay (there are actually several DVC watched from over the years from what I can tell, though one was considered a limited edition). There was a "regular" one available for purchase at SSR in October 06. I check eBay every once in a while.

I agree--this is a HUGE opportunity that DVC is missing out on. MANY DVCers are anxious to spend money on DVC-logo stuff! I am shocked at the small selection available at WDW and shocked that it is all but impossible to buy merchandise when not at WDW.

Now that we are over 100,000 strong, they may get on the ball with this. At the association meetings held last Dec., someone reported on these boards that merchandise was addressed and they said there would be more merchandise coming.

It seems like most of the DVC logo stuff is actually stuff that they give away on the DVC member cruise that those folks then sell on eBay. (And by "give away" I mean that those cruisers pay through the nose for in the form of a much higher rate for the cruise....:rotfl: )

My Mom has a DVC logo watch with 3 red mountains, and I still have a 3 red mountain coffee mug.

My hubby was really lobbying the lady for more DVC merchandise last year at the meeting. He came up with all sorts of crazy ideas. DVC ties and suits. Yes, suites :rolleyes: but it was more along the lines of trying to get them to realize that more merchandise is needed.

That and lobbying for bigger sizes. He is not fat, but he is a big man, built like a line backer and needs 3x shirts. And the OSFA robes don't do it for him either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter