• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Purchasing FW Cabins DVC

What are your purchase plans for the Fort Wilderness DVC cabins?

• I have already purchased points for the cabins

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • I will purchase points later on and/or if they get a better incentive

Votes: 6 2.5%
  • I have no interest in purchasing points for the cabins

Votes: 172 72.3%
  • I’m waiting to purchase Poly 2 instead

Votes: 30 12.6%
  • I have enough DVC points and don’t intend to add on ever again

Votes: 27 11.3%
  • Waiting to purchase on the resale market down the road

Votes: 6 2.5%
  • Other - tell us your plan

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • Only if the dues weren’t so high

Votes: 22 9.2%

• Total voters

Sales people I have talked to this week at kiosks say that they at this point are trying to sell to those that are used to staying at the cabins and want to continue having the opportunity. Ok, but how many current DVC owners have been staying in the cabins regularly seeing as this is the sale to current DVC?

I see the cabins being marketed to mainly young families who are looking to be first time DVCers. And while the initial dues are high, the point charts are much more young family friendly as is the layout. OKW and BWV, followed by AKV and SSR had lower more family friendly point charts. Haven’t had another resort with those types of point charts since then, which has been quite a while.

I sure hope people don’t feel ashamed to say they bought CFW from DVC. We’ve loved our membership and, while we have our favorites, we haven’t disliked any of the many DVC resorts we stayed at. I hope to have a chance at some point to stay in a cabin at CFW.

PS. Still wish they would have washer/dryers. But also wish AKV Jambo 1 BR had walk in showers and SSR 2 br’s had 3 BRs, and BWV had a bed for 5th/9th person, etc, etc, etc

I sure hope people don’t feel ashamed to say they bought CFW from DVC. We’ve loved our membership and, while we have our favorites, we haven’t disliked any of the many DVC resorts we stayed at. I hope to have a chance at some point to stay in a cabin at CFW.
Reminds of the shade that was thrown to those who bought RR - always stems from those who want DVD to be wrong when they make changes we don't like. The Cabins are a unique addition to the portfolio of options at WDW. I think they are a fun option and would really buy a smaller contract if it weren't for the restrictions and my plans to spend on Poly. How lucky we all are to have so many choices:)

It all basically comes down to availability at the 7 month mark. If it’s easy to get in at the 7 month mark, sales will be abysmal. If not, it’ll sell well.

You may have no desire to own here but I bet most DVC members would LOVE to stay here for a few nights.

We have never stayed at FW, but do visit every trip. I love the atmosphere and my kids love the playground and houses. I have booked a cabin a few times but then I remember that I dislike the outdoors in Florida and have a massive dislike of snakes so I switch back to a similarly priced deluxe room.

If I was a bit more outdoorsy and could convince DH to be a Fort person who travels down either in Oct. or Dec every year, I might consider buying a fixed week. I could certainly see this being the right choice for certain people. The cabin cash prices have always turned me away. We tend to travel near holidays so they are always well over $500 a night.

I am looking forward to using my VGF points once in awhile, as long as the kids are small to stay in the cabins. I agree with the posts that hope others don’t feel like they shouldn’t post that they are buying and excited about it. It is a great place.

We are traveling to WDW for spring break. Staying at BLT for 6 nights but needed to do a cash stay for our first night since we are out of points. I just switched us to a cabin at the Fort to stay in the cabin before dvc takes over. Really looking forward to spending a whole day there. (With tax, including the discount is $544 for the night:crazy2:)

You may have no desire to own here but I bet most DVC members would LOVE to stay here for a few nights.
Most? I don’t know how many people like sleeping in a bed that hundreds of dogs have slept in. There’s a reason pet-friendly hotels are few and far between, and are almost always the “lower-end” offerings.

I have booked a cabin a few times but then I remember that I dislike the outdoors in Florida and have a massive dislike of snakes so I switch back to a similarly priced deluxe room.
I don’t want to burst your bubble here but just last month when we walked out the door at BRV closest to WL there was a snake on the step.

I hate them as well but they are everywhere in FL.

I don’t want to burst your bubble here but just last month when we walked out the door at BRV closest to WL there was a snake on the step.

I hate them as well but they are everywhere in FL.

Unfortunately, I know they are all over. For some reasons I just feel like my chances are higher having them close to me being outdoors in the wooded areas of the cabins vs say the top for of the Grand Floridian.

Trying to push my limits and get used to over my fear.

Ah I didn’t realize it’s an anonymous poll. Maybe others didn’t either? Or more likely, it really is that so few people have purchased. It will be a very telling sales report.
Remember that we DVC veterans are a small part of the prospective owners. Personally, I'm spoiled by my stays in DVC rooms for any regular hotel room, or for anything remotely remote. LOL! Once it opens to the general public, I bet it will sell well.

Most? I don’t know how many people like sleeping in a bed that hundreds of dogs have slept in. There’s a reason pet-friendly hotels are few and far between, and are almost always the “lower-end” offerings.
Thats a great point but alot of people won’t even know that. Just like Port Orleans, you never hear people mention it.

You have no problems sleeping in a bed that thousands of other people have slept in but not dogs? Sorry, the bed has either been cleaned between visitors or not, be they people or dogs.

It all basically comes down to availability at the 7 month mark. If it’s easy to get in at the 7 month mark, sales will be abysmal. If not, it’ll sell well.

We were interested in sneaking in at 7 months until they said there'd be no separate booking categories for non-pet stays.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter