Q about Spring break not at my home resort

isyne4u

<font color=blue>Next time I get a craving for cak
I bought into SSR last December and have my first trip home in November.

I know that my home resort I can book at 11 months from departure and 7 mo from departure for non-home resorts. Now I have decided that we want to do OKW in March for spring break.

My questions are...what are the chances that I'll be able to get into OKW at the 7mo mark? Would I be better off making a ressie at SSR and then changing it at the 7mo mark to make sure that I get into some place for that week?

This is all new to me and I'm still navigating my way through it!

thanks for any help you experienced folks can give me!!

tara

I think that many people are just happier having a ressie in place and then trying to change, so that's what I would do. The only problem that could arise is that the OKW vacation would cost fewer points in the same accomodations. If you have to borrow, when/if you do change, be sure the borrowed points are used, so you would have some of the current year points to bank, if you are in the banking period.

If you have to borrow, and wouldn't be able to bank because of the use year...then I would wait until 7 months out, because I guess that SSR would still have room.

Bobbi:goodvibes

Depending on when your Spring Break is next year in March, it might be tricky. Easter in 2008 is March 23rd, so it may be more crowded than normal. Most schools in our areas always take the last week in March, while many schools take the weeks surrounding Easter. Combine the two, and look out! Airfare for that week is already ridiculous.

If your Spring Break is around Easter, I would definitely go ahead reserve the weeks in front of or behind Easter at 11 months and then try to switch at 7 months.

Thank you for the responses. My spring break begins Easter weekend so I will definately call and make my 11 mo ressie on Monday (if MS is open on sunday then I'll do it tomorrow) for SSR and then change it in July if they have any openings.

Will MS help me with the banking borrowing so i don't lose any points? I'm still a newbie with these points so I don't want to lose any because I don't understand.

We decided to buy APs and we had to make sure we got at least two trips out of them!! :woohoo:

thanks,
tara

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter