QS meal credit turned into snack credits?

tguz

DIS Veteran
We will be arriving later in the day for our 7 night stay in 2024 and we will probably get the QS dining plan. We will not need 2 meals that day as we are arriving later in the day. Can a QS meal credit be turned in to multiple snack credits and if so, how do I make that happen? Thanks.

We will be arriving later in the day for our 7 night stay in 2024 and we will probably get the QS dining plan. We will not need 2 meals that day as we are arriving later in the day. Can a QS meal credit be turned in to multiple snack credits and if so, how do I make that happen? Thanks.
The way it worked before was that you could trade in one QS credit for three snack items, in one transaction at one location. To do it, you just pick out three snacks and ask them to charge a QS credit. Some kiosk-type locations weren't eligible.

Whether they will continue that policy in 2024 is unknown, but we'll know more about the changes by May 31, when booking begins for the dining plans.

Keep in mind that packaged snacks in merchandise locations like resort stores and Goofy's Candy Kitchen qualify, so you could get a rice krispy treat, small back of pretzels and chocolate bar, and eat them on the plane flight home, or save them for a treat. And, of course, you don't need to use exactly 2 credits each day. You could save a credit and use it on a later day, like for breakfast, maybe on your checkout day.

The way it worked before was that you could trade in one QS credit for three snack items, in one transaction at one location. To do it, you just pick out three snacks and ask them to charge a QS credit. Some kiosk-type locations weren't eligible.

Whether they will continue that policy in 2024 is unknown, but we'll know more about the changes by May 31, when booking begins for the dining plans.

Keep in mind that packaged snacks in merchandise locations like resort stores and Goofy's Candy Kitchen qualify, so you could get a rice krispy treat, small back of pretzels and chocolate bar, and eat them on the plane flight home, or save them for a treat. And, of course, you don't need to use exactly 2 credits each day. You could save a credit and use it on a later day, like for breakfast, maybe on your checkout day.
Thanks! I didn't know it was possible in the past as we never tried to do it. We do have breakfast at the resort on check out day so that is a good option also.

No one knows what changes will be made to the dining plan. No one will know until January 1, 2024 whether a quick service meal credit can be changed into snack credits unless Disney officially posts it Before then.

If it works the way it used to, the dining plan gives credits per night, meaning you can use one for dinner on your first day and the other for breakfast your last day.

A QS meal used to be worth 2 or 3 snack credits (I can't remember which), and you would just let the cashier know you wanted to do that. Resort food court cashiers knew the process like the back of their hand.

You receive all credits at once at the start of the trip and can use them however you like. You can use 0 credits one day (hey maybe you went somewhere else in Orlando that day) or you can eat 5 meals in one day if you're super hungry.

I just Google this question and a few plan disney posts came up where they replied back saying this will no longer be allowed but I HOPE they are just misinformed cause somwdays I just ate snacks, but we do save money by using the quick service plan. 🤞🤞🤞

This will not be an option for the 2024 plans.
Do you have inside information about this? Or are you going by the responses on PlanDisney?

If they do stop allowing this trade, I'll be a bit surprised, because on paper it's very favorable to Disney. Disney would love people to use a QS that's "worth" about $25 on three snacks, because snacks are usually $5-7, and they tend to be high-profit items like popcorn and rice krispy treats.

But I don't know - maybe it's a hassle getting all the CMs trained on how to do it.

Do you have inside information about this? Or are you going by the responses on PlanDisney?

If they do stop allowing this trade, I'll be a bit surprised, because on paper it's very favorable to Disney. Disney would love people to use a QS that's "worth" about $25 on three snacks, because snacks are usually $5-7, and they tend to be high-profit items like popcorn and rice krispy treats.

But I don't know - maybe it's a hassle getting all the CMs trained on how to do it.
What is favorable to Disney is guests not using up all their credits, leaving money in the till.

Well first DFB reported that this rule is a yes, but then in the same paragraph said they were at L'Artisan des Glaces and were told that 3 snack selections there can be combined to count as a quick service. Typical Disney, clear as mud!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter