Quality Suites Maingate East???

childsdream

Earning My Ears
I am planning a trip to WDW at the first of May. I was wondering if anyone has stayed at the Quality Suites Maingate East? The rooms are a great size but I was wanting to find out what the property is like. There are five in our group and we decided to say outside WDW because of budget.

I originally had the Days Inn Suites Maingate East booked but after reading some reviews on the web I canceled the reservation.

If you have any other suggestions or know of any great deals right now on suites, please let me know! Thanks.....

I wish I could help you, but I haven't a clue.

I DO want to say "Welcome to the DIS!"

QSME is basic accomodations - not luxurious or fancy. The quality reports on the rooms have been spotty - some are in excellent condition, others a bit worn. The amount of space you get for the money is exceptional, especially with the 2-bedroom units. The location is good, but has heavy traffic. Very close to all the parks and two viable routes to get there. I never used the bus service as we had a car.

The pool is nice but a bit small for the property. There is an evening reception with free wine and beer, but if you are doing Disney and staying til the parks close you will not be back in time for it. There is a minimal free breakfast, usually doughnuts and coffee. With a full kitchen in the room, though, it's easy enough to stock up your one breakfast food at minimal cost.

There are several reviews here:

http://www.mouseplanet.com/dtp/offsite/3_wdw/wdw_offsite.htm#Kissimmee

stayed at quality suites 3 days mid mar/02 in 1 bdrm suite. Suite okay, a little dingy, shower crappy. Halls, elevators etc were really awful. 2 washers in laundy (1 broken) Good coat of paint would do wonders. breakfast was cereal, fruit, toast/bagels etc (you toast yourself) OJ was good. Pool area was a 6 on the scale of 1-10. Would I go back there again? NO I wouldn't. I expected it to be a lot cleaner than it was. Will say one think good about it. The staff was really friendly and helpful as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter