Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Good Tuesday Morning.☔

Wow, is it raining this morning. Thunder, lightning, and hard rain 🌦️. Tornado weather supposed to roll through starting at 4 pm today. I worked an hour over yesterday so I think I'm going to cash that in and leave at 3:00 today to beat the storms. Plus, the dogs get nervous during thunderstorms.

Took Carly to the vet last night for her check-up. They did blood work b/c she will drink and entire water bowl of water at one time. I'm wondering if she has diabetes or something going on with her kidneys. I was also told to give her more food since she eats the cat food all the time. She's at a good weight though, 74 lbs. I could hear in yelping and crying in the back room when she was getting the blood drawn. I took her to McDonald's on the way home so she could get a cheeseburger.🍔

Both of our koi were on the shelf today.
Dang, those fish are big. My goldfish in my pond don't grown very big.🐠

Kenny told me that they cannot get the kennel they use for his dog for our cruise in August.
If it comes down to possibly cancelling the cruise, he could look into hiring a pet sitter that will come to his house throughout the day. 🐶

So the Phillies are getting their game in tonight.
Thinking you probably wished they didn't play last night 😏. My Reds came through in the end!👏

Off to a meeting, have a great day! :wave:

Good morning. Just waiting for the rain to start again. It dumped down yesterday morning, by 2 pm the sun was out and the sky was blue. I went to bed at 2 am and it was dumping down again. I woke at 7 to find all the clocks flashing so the power went out sometime after I went to bed. Supposed to have rain today, tomorrow, and now Thursday too. Going to take the ground forever to dry out again.

Summer came and took the rest of the cake around dinnertime and we stood around outside talking and watching the rabbits. Lily FB'd me a picture of her and her boyfriend digging into the cake later on, lol

Watched the second night of American Idol. Lots of good singers this year.

Off to clean and refill fresh litter boxes and take the trash down to the street before it starts pouring again. Not doing anything out there at the moment. Also have to make grocery list.

Summer has a pond with Koi fish too, but hers aren't anywhere near as big as yours @bobbiwoz

Have a good day everyone

1712065967810.png

Good morning! It’s pouring rain here, and the koi are both on the shelf again.

We are out delivering frozen meals from our church to Catholic Charities. I don’t actively participate in the delivery. Tom and the director do the work.

Good news is Tom’s kidneys show improvement. The dye used in Heart procedures does negatively affect them.

Good day to you all!

Good Tuesday Morning.☔

Wow, is it raining this morning. Thunder, lightning, and hard rain 🌦️. Tornado weather supposed to roll through starting at 4 pm today. I worked an hour over yesterday so I think I'm going to cash that in and leave at 3:00 today to beat the storms. Plus, the dogs get nervous during thunderstorms.

Took Carly to the vet last night for her check-up. They did blood work b/c she will drink and entire water bowl of water at one time. I'm wondering if she has diabetes or something going on with her kidneys. I was also told to give her more food since she eats the cat food all the time. She's at a good weight though, 74 lbs. I could hear in yelping and crying in the back room when she was getting the blood drawn. I took her to McDonald's on the way home so she could get a cheeseburger.🍔

If it comes down to possibly cancelling the cruise, he could look into hiring a pet sitter that will come to his house throughout the day. 🐶

Thinking you probably wished they didn't play last night 😏. My Reds came through in the end!👏

You are correct!🙃

We both agree that Carly deserved the cheeseburger!

Last edited:
Good Tuesday Morning.☔

I'm not sure if you are aware or if your vet mentioned to you that dogs eating cat food isn't good for the dog. I think it also depends on how much and how frequently. Cat food has higher fat and protein for one thing and dogs can suffer from stomach issues and also pancreatitis, as well as other stuff I don't remember.

Since I have 3 cats and a Yorkie my vet talked to me about this. A little once in a while is probably not going to hurt, but my Yorkie would gobble up whatever he could find and then go guard his own until he felt ready to eat it.

I changed the way I fed the cats to keep him out of it. One eats inside the cat cage (he's free to come and go) on the second level and the other two eat on the top of a set of drawers, with the top covered and protected. This is also easier for me as less bending and easier to clean up. I use a puppy pad under the food. This is also where I keep the cat fountain, and the cat stairs leads up there but Yorkie doesn't climb it.

@Judique, a very interesting set up with your cats and dog!

It was probably 3-4 years ago when the people who cleaned the pond told me that they had a few minnows ( I am not sure what the company said they were) from the previous job and could they put them in the pond. I only had goldfish, I looked up if minnows and goldfish would get along and it seemed to be fine, and so I agreed. They must have put 15 babies in the pond! Well, only these two survived, others were eaten, I suppose, and they turned out to be these koi, not minnows. So these are 3 or 4 years old.

That company no longer takes care of our pond. We had a massive pond failure and a new company rebuilt it.

:wave:Good Evening dear friends. No podiatrist updates as of yet :( Dad, I am keeping in prayer, will take me up (or do it himself) on my offer to help him fill out the new patient forms for Dr. S, the female podiatrist who came to our apartment last week. I respect and understand that he would prefer to see another podiatrist, also a Dr. S (a man) because this Dr. S (from Googled information) seems to have a broader medical background than the Dr. S I saw. To see both would be free to him which is why until we are able to find someone to spend a few hours with me so he can go to Dr. S's office, it wouldn't hurt (but be positive) to take the steps to make an appointment with a podiatrist who will come to our home! Sometimes, my dear dad, like all of else, do better hearing a suggestion from someone not as close to them. I just so want him to take care and feel better. I know his feet actually hurt right now while mine do have twinges but overall are just weak. I'd appreciate extra dad prayers. ❤️to all of you always, too, you know that.

Bobbiwoz I am glad you have your Phillies to enjoy watching. I used be a Red Sox fan but have lost interest over the past few years. I liked the Red Sox of the 60s when my grandmother would listen to games on the radio while we were together. I also liked the team in the early 2000s who got the World Series win. Chris and I would watch games together.

@flyingdumbo127 I hope your Dad gets to see the podiatrist he needs. A doctor with a more broad based background may be the way to go for him. They may be able to have more answers for him.

Good morning. It is 37 here with rain expected all day today and tomorrow. Some snow and ice will be mixed in tomorrow with wind. Next week more rain is in the forecast. We need some sunny days. It does look like the eclipse day is supposed to be sunny here. I do not like having this cold and the bad weather but I also am glad not to be doing the drive into work this week. A break now and then is nice.

Have a nice day.

@Snowysmom, so happy for your break, and especially with this weather. We also have rain today, but thankfully, it’s too warm now to think there could be snow or ice in the mix.

I enjoy watching the Phillies while working on a puzzle. I’m not as far along on this puzzle as I had hoped.

We found a website that seems to give us a way to visit the Holy Land. We will be communicating with the leader, and are hoping to go next year, if there is peace. Now if we can find a way to get to Italy!

Thank you dear Snowysmom. I completely agree. Dad's feet trouble does seem to have a broader medical cause. I just love him so much that I would be thrilled for him to see a podiatrist period. I pray for complete recovery for myself more for dad than me. It breaks my heart the toll this is taking on him. Thank you and everyone for your kind prayers and love. My own right back always.

Good Morning ☔

Boy, did we have rain yesterday. Schools were let out early, events cancelled, and people were sent home. I left work around 2:00. It came through in 3 sections of timeframes. My sister lives in Kentucky, just across the river from me and they got pounded. Starting to rain again now.⛈️

I'm not sure if you are aware or if your vet mentioned to you that dogs eating cat food isn't good for the dog.
Yeah, I know. I keep the cat food up on the table and if I forget to put it in the microwave when they aren't eating then she'll jump up on the table to get it. She's just being bad.

Not much else happening. Have a great day! :wave:

Good morning. I'm starting to feel like an actual Quacker with all this rain. It's still dumping down. We had rain 3/4 of the day on Monday. most of the day yesterdday, all last night, and it's still raining. A thunderstorm woke me at 2 am, but it didn't last long. The grass isn't just soggy anymore, the water is floating on top because the ground is saturated.
I have water in some of the usual low spots in the cellar, but there are floor drains all over down there. I did see some in a spot I've never seen it in the 22 years I've lived here, so the ground in the front yard must really be soaked.
I'm heading to the grocery store shortly. I just want to get what I need and get home.

Have a good day everyone, stay dry and safe if you're in this storms path.

1712148166212.png

The lower back yard was a river earlier, but it's quickly drained away as it empties into a small brook.

I'm supposed to be going shopping for milk and bread/bagels etc since we emptied the kitchen before leaving except for 1/2 and 1/2 and dog/cat food.

Don't want to go. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. Tonight we have our Hello Fresh meals until the weekend when we have to fend for ourselves. (I'm thinking 5 Guys and Pizza for Friday and Saturday. Pretty much given up cooking as DD does an excellent job and tells me she enjoys it.

The pets all missed us but loved their caretakers while we were gone. It had been years since both of us were gone at the same time and with older pets we made sure they were well taken care of.

Next up is a grooming appt for Yorkie. He will have this done at the vets in the event they need to sedate him. The long hair on two cats is a bit matted so I am working on it now. If I can't easily get it all straightened out I'll get them partially shaved for their comfort. It was too much to ask my friends to brush them daily which is what we mostly do. Although even doing that they sometimes get knots.

Good Morning. It is snowing here now. We have a coating on the ground with more to come today. I thought I heard thunder last night but not completely sure. It could have been the wind. I am glad not to be driving into the office which I would not do in this weather. We are not supposed to get alot of snow, just enough to make it slippery out. Yesterday I took a few sick hours from work. I had to go to the store to get soup and then I just mainly rested. This morning I feel a bit better, still coughing and congested as well as tired. but my throat and ear are better.

Kenny told me that they got their dog Clifford into a different kennel for our cruise in August. It is one that Kenny used before with the dog that ex now has so he knows it is good. Now I feel like we can plan for the trip.

Off to work. Have a good day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter