Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Taz, I’m really happy to hear no cancer with your son! I also believe that prayers help. Maybe he needed that wake up call. Can he go on a nicotine patch? Or something like Wellbutrin? I’m glad he’s been given a new lease on life. It’s always a beautiful thing to get good medical news. And yes to the rollator for Jim! I’m also sorry about Anthony. DS was on the DL a couple of times in college and I know it was hard for all of us, too. I’m sad about that for you, but glad you can go to the other games. I have the feeling Anthony will be staying busy when he can and in the future, though, too!

Had a busy day today. DH was busy helping DD put new wipers on her car (had to go back to store as they gave her the wrong size initially) so I made a baked ziti while I was putting groceries away, and it was good! I still have to do a corn chowder to have on hand but one dish was enough for today. I got a pork tenderloin for tomorrow. It was in the 40s today and not bitter cold when we took the dogs out, which was nice. Grady had a good time and Toto is just a character. Someone thought he was a Yorkie today, lol. (He’s so much bigger than that, but at least they didn’t say Scottie!) I was sweating after cooking and vacuuming I actually had the doors open for a while to let some cold air in, but of course then I got cold and crawled under a blanket for a while. We have a storm coming on Tuesday. 😬

No Super Bowl here, either. I’m sure it would be on if DS was home but he’s working, so no thanks. I’m just not a football person! Especially with all the TS stuff.

Well I hope everyone has a nice rest of the evening! 🐥

Mona, how are your feet doing now?

Hug, Pea:hug:I am sure not a 🏈fan either. I wish both teams well. Sounds like my upstairs neighbor is having a Super Bowl party. I hope they are staying safe and having fun. Dad also said, he's so right, that he's glad this game is on now and not later--noise wise!

Thank you for asking about my 🦶Grace of God, I am now at week 10. This week ahead I am sure praying to finally work out how to see a doctor virtually who would then put a referal to the podiatrist in through insurance. So far this has sure been a challenge! Dad and I, of course, want to be positive all is as it should be. We also would love to know that the Velcro boot can go! Not taking any risks. No setbacks, please!

Daily now I am only taking a miniscule dose of the children's ibuprofen--250mg or less. Early morning and bedtime. My feet do have twinges at times. Nothing at all the way they were, thank God! Left foot toes sometimes feel tight possibly from being restricted so long. Right foot same twinges story and a bit swollen most likely from sitting so much. Normal color :)

Dad's help is still needed for me to get up from a chair. Praying to safely rebuild upper body strength. We're stll renting the recliner chair. We sure pray this will be the last month of it because the cost is very high. We have needed it though. Some have asked, for us to buy the chair at this point I believe would cost at least $2000:scared1:Not happening that is for sure. No it wouldn't have been covered even if I had had a referral for it. The store we got it from doesn't work with my insurance or possibly any insurance, not sure. They have been very kind and provided great service.

Wishing all of you a good night of sweet dreams💕

@flyingdumbo127 Glad your feet are doing better. I hope you can get time with a doctor to answer your questions.

@Pea-n-Me Toto is so much bigger than a yorkie! He is such a cute cairn. Baked ziti sounds yummy. No super bowl here either. I know my kids watched it.

Good morning. 30 degrees here today. Big storm coming in tomorrow. I am in the jackpot area of 8-12 inches. That will teach me to move away from the coast. I just want to keep power and heat. The mgmt company manager emailed me that they need to inspect my sprinkler system on the 14th anywhere from 8:30-4:30. Well, I am not available for all that time. I let her know they have until 2:30. She does not like me as it is so I am sure this will make her crazy. I have to pick up the kids at the bus for Kenny and that takes priority.

Off to work. Have a good day.

@Snowysmom, stay safe! DD and I will both be working this week so we will be trudging in in the snow.

Your post reminded me, I forgot to post a picture of my baked ziti from last night. This was when I took the foil off, before I put it back in for another 15 mins to brown the cheese a little. It did come out good if I say so myself.

1707743544103.jpeg

Good Monday Morning.pooh:

Taz - great news about the MRI, such a relief for your son and the entire family.👏

I took Jacob & Mitchell and the girls out to dinner for their birthdays on Friday night. I've decided that next year I'm going to have a 1/2 birthday cookout, should be a lot cheaper.💵

Worked all weekend, nothing exciting. One of the nurses is pregnant and found out she's having a girl so we were giving her name suggestions yesterday, that got out of hand quick.🍼

Rushed home after work so I could watch the game last night. Not happy with the outcome but oh well. 🏈

Fingers crossed that Jacob can fix my washer tonight. It became unbalanced and I get it back to normal so he's going to give it a try.

Our bad weather is supposed to start tonight so we'll see how accurate they are.❄️

That's about it, it's payroll Monday so I need to work on that. Have a great day!:wave:

Good morning. I'm another one who woke to a surprise weather forecast. I said we would pay for those 70 degree days last week. They say we could get 1-2" of rain overnight, and turn to snow in the morning. 5-7" in the higher elevations and 2-4" here.

I don't want anymore snow. Summer is supposed to drive to Morgantown tomorrow, to see the podiatric surgeon. Morgantown will be in the upper range. Now she's having issues with her good foot. She says it feels like there are rubber bands around her toes and it hurts, and her foot is reddish in color. I think it sounds like her nervous system or her circulatory system, or it could all be caused by her spine issues.
I did end up watching the game, well kind of paying attention to it. I was watching for the commercials, and rooting for the 49'ers. It didn't turn into the Travis and Taylor show until after the game from what I heard, which was fine with me.
It was a good game, until it went into OT, lol

I'm off to do my Monday morning cleaning. Have a good day all.
Stay safe if you're in the storms path

1707748439140.png

Expected snow totals going up here as well. I changed an appointment that was supposed to be tomorrow, since it isn't urgent. I have an online class if the college doesn't close, but otherwise I'll just concentrate on shoveling DS out, since his work will definitely stay open. I went grocery shopping today.

Good morning. No snow yet. Now the totals predicted for my area are 1-3 inches or 3-5 inches depending on who you believe. So I am guessing around 3 inches. So much better than a foot. Temps are going to get colder after the storm. I get worried about Kenny having to drive to work in the snow so I am glad he will get there before the storm starts and drive back home after it is over and the roads cleared and treated. Jeff can work from home. Jeff had a stomach bug yesterday. Kenny and his family have all had it too. Yesterday my stomach was a bit off so maybe I was fighting it. Hopefully all are well now.

Off to work. Have a good day.

Happy Fat Tuesday!:jester:

Jacob and Mitchell fixed my washer yesterday, yay :worship:!!!!! Rewashed all the towels and blankets that I had in there.

We didn't get 1 drop of bad weather during the night. I was really looking forward to work from home today.😕

Stopped at Kroger on the way home from work. I usually bring eggs or oatmeal for breakfast and then go to the cafe across the hall and grab some bacon and usually a biscut. Last night I bought some strawberries so I'm trying to eat them instead of the biscut.🍓

Ash Wednesday is tomorrow so I already have a piece of fish thawing in the fridge 🐟. I decided to try to hit the fish frys on the way home from work on Friday's. I miss going to those during Lent when the kids were little.

Some new shows started last night so this must be the week for them to start. Good, getting tired of the reruns.:happytv:

Have a great day! :wave:

Jumping back on here for probably the dumbest reason, but has anyone ever tried a King Cake for Mardi Gras? Our cafe was giving out free samples (they sell the whole cakes) and when I went to get my bacon, I grabbed a piece. I've never had it before but always hear about them. OMG, it was so good!!! Now I want to go back over and buy a cake.

Good morning and welcome to the land of 'storm warning that turned into nothing'. We had rain last night, this morning is clear and supposed to be sunny. A lot of the surrounding area's had 2 hour delays, ours stupidly wasted a snow day by cancelling schools. They should have waited until early this morning to make a decision. I'm not complaining but how could they have been so wrong here?

I'm glad some new shows start this week. I caught up with the last 2 episodes of La Brea, so I'm ready for the series finale. It wasn't what I thought it was going to be like, but since Don watched it from the beginning I figured I would just finish it out. I was awake till almost 3 am, so I just woke up. I can't remember the last time it was 8:30 when I got out of bed in the morning.

I have to gather and take trash down , make a grocery list for tomorrow, and do some laundry. I ordered a folding treadmill the the other day, and Summer's husband is going to take the dining room table apart for me (older wooden one, heavy solid wood), so that I can put it in there instead of in the basement. It will get more use up here.

Have a great day everyone

1707832534235.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter