Question about Adding a Baby

Kmedders

Mouseketeer
Hi - I have my reservation booked at my home resort in a studio at AKL for May. It looks like I am becoming an emergency foster parent to an infant. If she is still with us, do I need to change my room to accommodate 5 people, or is that not required when the 5th is an infant?

Infant doesn't count, no need to change anything (as long as it's under 3.). You can add the infant to a 4 person room occupied by 4 other people and not have an issue or have to change.

All DVC villas allow “one child under 3 in a crib” in addition to the maximum number for that villa. So you shouldn’t have to book a larger villa. But you should add the baby’s name to the list of guests - add her to your F&F list first so that it’s clear she’s an infant, then link her to the reservation. You can wait until you’re certain she’ll be with you before you do that.

The only reason to add them would be if they needed MagicBand access to the room, which an infant probably doesn't.

Hi - I have my reservation booked at my home resort in a studio at AKL for May. It looks like I am becoming an emergency foster parent to an infant. If she is still with us, do I need to change my room to accommodate 5 people, or is that not required when the 5th is an infant?
You don't need to change your room to accommodate. You can modify your reservation very easily as they have an 'add infant' option.

I believe Disney wants to know names and ages of everyone staying in their resort rooms. Isn’t that their right as an innkeeper?
Yes, Disney, like all hotels that I am aware of, requires an accurate count of guests as a matter of policy. Disney is stricter about it than most hotels.

Since the occupancy rules allow the baby I personally would just add them. You can remove them at check in if for whatever reason they no longer need to be listed as a guest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter