• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Question about adding an additional family member to a rental reservation.

hlhlaw07

DIS Veteran
I have a reservation on rented points. Currently the reservation is for 4 people, but my mother has decided that she is going to come with us. Do I need to bother the person that we rented points from and have them add her or can I just do this at checkin? We are already in a 2 BR, so there is not a concern with occupancy limits. We are also not doing any dining plan.

I have a reservation on rented points. Currently the reservation is for 4 people, but my mother has decided that she is going to come with us. Do I need to bother the person that we rented points from and have them add her or can I just do this at checkin? We are already in a 2 BR, so there is not a concern with occupancy limits. We are also not doing any dining plan.

Are you plannig fastpasses in advance? Magical Express?

Fastpasses won’t be a problem, but the Magical Express will be. And she won’t get a magicband if she’s not on the reservation.

You should ask the owner to add her. Reports have shown up where the front desk has messed up points when modifying reservations at check in.

Fastpasses won’t be a problem, but the Magical Express will be. And she won’t get a magicband if she’s not on the reservation.

Fastpasses will be a problem because she will not be able to book at the on site timeframe when everyone else can.

Thanks all. I will just see if the owner will add her as I don’t want the possibility that their points get messed up at checkin. Magical express isn’t an issue, and I don’t think fast passes are either as she is on my MDE account and will have a ticket linked. It’s my understanding that you can make fast passes for those on your MDE account at the same time as those staying onsite. We also have lots of extra magic bands, so that isn’t an issue either. But I hadn’t thought about screwing up the owners points, so thanks again!

Fastpasses will be a problem because she will not be able to book at the on site timeframe when everyone else can.
That’s not how fastpass booking actually works. As long as one person qualifies, they can book fastpasses for everyone they plan for in their account.

We also have lots of extra magic bands, so that isn’t an issue either.
Magic bands can’t be transferred to different people, so those extras probably won’t help unless mom already has one.

Disney must have decided that some people come and visit other people in FL - or that some groups separate, some onsite and some offsite. Anyway everyone getting FP's has to have valid ticket entitlements but a person staying onsite is allowed to book FP's at 60 days for anyone they are linked to on MDE when they make FP's for themselves or anyone else in their party who has a stay onsite.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter