Question about applying this year.

NayNayMarie

Earning My Ears
I'm a DCP Alumnus from 2011 and I have been helping my cousin apply for Spring 15.

I have a question though since the process appears to have changed since when I applied...
She submitted her application at the end of August, right before Labor Day weekend and is STILL listed at just "submission" in her dashboard.
Am I wrong in thinking this is an abnormally long time to be waiting to find out about the WBI? Or is there nothing to worry about?

Is this the first time they are applying? If they have had a WBI in the last 6 months, then they will use that WBI for this current application, and may go right from initial screening to phone interview.

Don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but in the past year Disney has changed their process. Not everyone will get a WBI and move on with the interview process. Once you've been in submission for more than a couple days it's highly unlikely you'll come out and get the chance to interview. You'll just get NLIC on the last day of the season.

My daughter applied very early on and was in submission status for what seemed like forever. She received an email today for the WBI. She has never applied before and is new to the process. Hope this helps.

Once you've been in submission for more than a couple days it's highly unlikely you'll come out and get the chance to interview. You'll just get NLIC on the last day of the season.

This is somewhat inaccurate.

If Recruiting was going to decline someone, they would straight up do it. No need to waste their time or a student's time.

People are asked to move on to the WBI at different times. While some will not be asked, there will be some who are. If there is no NLIC on the dash, someone could still be asked at any time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter