question about flying with a toddler......

melissamomof2

Earning My Ears
If a toddler is lap riding do you need a birth certificate for proof of age?? Our friends are going to Disney with us and their daughter will be a month shy of 2. She ask me last night, and I didn't know the answer....

My answer would be to bring it. If the child is that close to 2, they might be questioned on her age. The only way they'd be ablet o prove that she is under 2 would be to bring the birth certificate. If the agent thinks the child is over 2 and they don't have the proof, they will be forced to buy the child a seat at full price. Personally, I avoid this all the time by buying my DS a seat, it's just much safer to have them strapped into their own car seat. Much more comfortable for them, me and everyone around me.

We had to provide a birth certificate when we did this in 1999 on SWA.

SWA has always asked us for a birth certificate, but the other airlines have not. I would bring it especially with all of the new security - they really check and count people vs. tickets when you are going through security.

We're flying in May, and our DS will be a month shy of 2 as well. Although he would be allowed to fly for free in our lap, we went ahead and purchased him a seat as well, as it's much safer, more comfortable(for everyone), and less stressful by having him in his carseat than in our lap.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter