• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

question about luggage

disneydeb

DIS Veteran
hi everyone, first time staying at cbbr and was wondering about luggage, we are staying overnight saturday going to universal on sunday and leaving for disney hotel sunday night, so my question is , is there a place to store luggage while we are at universal for the day we check out ? and also what is the best and cheapest way to get over to disney that afternoon ? thanks in advance :)

I saw someone take their luggage with them and had it held at the loss and found office in the park

Don’t know if the Tm knew the guest and did her this kind gesture or if it was just a park guest

One sure thing you can do is what a pp wrote

Store your luggage with Bell services at the hotel

I have done that when I checked out at 11:00 am

Went back and picked it up for my night flight
Had my car service meet me there

Uber or Lyft would be cheapest but I’ve used a Town car service. Stay away from Orlando taxis!

Uber or Lyft would be cheapest but I’ve used a Town car service. Stay away from Orlando taxis!

We`ve had the valet guys get us a taxi on occasion and they`ve always been fine.

We prefer using the ODC but when they`ve been busy, the valet guys offered a regular cab if one of them couldn't take us to where we were going....so one from them would be fine to use. They use the same company all the time.

We`ve had the valet guys get us a taxi on occasion and they`ve always been fine.

We prefer using the ODC but when they`ve been busy, the valet guys offered a regular cab if one of them couldn't take us to where we were going....so one from them would be fine to use. They use the same company all the time.
I think Mears is the only taxi company I’d trust. Have had some bad experiences. From using taxi or car service from both Sheraton and Marriott! I recall you saying ODC was good. That will be an option for us.
At Sheraton I watched as taxi driver ran into the lobby and paid off the front desk guy, then meter was spinning so fast the numbers were a blur!
Using the Marriott car service they contract with I was quoted a price, then when we arrived at Portofino the guy demanded more money because we had a lot of luggage. And basically he did nothing. The Marriott valet loaded car, and Portofino valet unloaded! I did phone the Marriott hotel that arranged it and reported him.

Yep, you’ve got to keep your wits about you.....that’s dreadful with the taxi......I’d always report anyone.

Mum and I on one of our trips to NYC got into a yellow Cab at Penn Station and the fare was already at $25......lol......he was wasting his time with us......pointed it out to him, said we knew exactly where we were going and it should be around $10, he pretended not to understand.......told my mum, who was worried it would get nasty, we would call a police officer when we got to the hotel.......he put it back to zero immediately.......we told the hotel and they took the cab number and they reported it for me. He didn’t get a tip nor did he ask for one.......and I would have got a policeman.

We’ve had some decent experiences with cabs in Orlando on the few occasions we’ve used them.......

I wouldn’t use Lyft at all.....heard of too many bad experiences from friends.......so I guess there’s good and bad in everyone of them.

That’s why we tend to stick to the ODC at the hotel......yes, they’re more expensive but we trust them and know they won’t rip us off if we’re using them to go offsite. They’re worth it.

Yep, you’ve got to keep your wits about you.....that’s dreadful with the taxi......I’d always report anyone.

Mum and I on one of our trips to NYC got into a yellow Cab at Penn Station and the fare was already at $25......lol......he was wasting his time with us......pointed it out to him, said we knew exactly where we were going and it should be around $10, he pretended not to understand.......told my mum, who was worried it would get nasty, we would call a police officer when we got to the hotel.......he put it back to zero immediately.......we told the hotel and they took the cab number and they reported it for me. He didn’t get a tip nor did he ask for one.......and I would have got a policeman.

We’ve had some decent experiences with cabs in Orlando on the few occasions we’ve used them.......

I wouldn’t use Lyft at all.....heard of too many bad experiences from friends.......so I guess there’s good and bad in everyone of them.

That’s why we tend to stick to the ODC at the hotel......yes, they’re more expensive but we trust them and know they won’t rip us off if we’re using them to go offsite. They’re worth it.
I have no experience with Lyft or Uber as we don’t have them at home. But I like that you know what the fare is before hand. I’ve already hired Tony for transportation to MCO. May try Lyft to go to the seafood place or use ODC. One thing for certain is no taxi lol! I think as tourists we are pray. I’m sure there are honest taxis out there but the last 2 experiences did me in. And they were from reputable hotels! Ugh. Orlando needs to tighten up its regulations.

I have no experience with Lyft or Uber as we don’t have them at home. But I like that you know what the fare is before hand. I’ve already hired Tony for transportation to MCO. May try Lyft to go to the seafood place or use ODC. One thing for certain is no taxi lol! I think as tourists we are pray. I’m sure there are honest taxis out there but the last 2 experiences did me in. And they were from reputable hotels! Ugh. Orlando needs to tighten up its regulations.

The ODC is $20 plus tip to go to that seafood place as it’s more or less same area as Ocean Prime.......

I think most places have dodgy taxis.......we don’t have Uber or Lyft here, although they are creeping in around the U.K. in places, but I wouldn’t use them anyway. We have local firm as I prefer to give my business to them. And they always have set costs for most journeys. In fact the car company we are using to take us to the airport and back next month apologised for the high cost of the journey.....but it’s over 3 hours......didn’t expect it to be £50!!!

Tony, although we’ve never used him is incredibly reliable.......I know many people who have used him on here and all have been positive. I think macraven is responsible for a lot of his business as she has used him for many, many years. I’m sure you’ll be happy with him. I don’t blame you for being nervous after those experiences.

Used Lyft several times last 2 Disney trips with no issues . Use Lyft because supposedly they pay their drivers better, but most of them drive for both.
As mentioned, it's nice to know your fare up front. Plus you can always check Google maps if think driver is taking you long way and fare ends up more.

Also, if you don't have the app installed, wait until just before your trip as they usually give you credits to use when you sign up.

Used Lyft several times last 2 Disney trips with no issues . Use Lyft because supposedly they pay their drivers better, but most of them drive for both.
As mentioned, it's nice to know your fare up front. Plus you can always check Google maps if think driver is taking you long way and fare ends up more.

Also, if you don't have the app installed, wait until just before your trip as they usually give you credits to use when you sign up.

I`m glad you enjoy using Lyft.

We prefer the ODC from the hotel. We know our fare up front with them and no worries about them trying to rip us off. Never had that worry with them.

Uber is the cheapest. The onsite cars (ODC as PP refers to it) are the most convenient. We like Tony to use from the airport, but don't like having to schedule a specific time on the day we are moving. Because of that, we prefer to just grab a car at the resort or call an Uber if one is nearby.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter