question about meal sharing at sit down restaurants

Lollipop Mom

DIS Veteran
We are trying to finish our PSs and decide where we may be interested in trying. I have read that in most restaurants the portions are very large and sharing an entree and an appitizer between 2 adults is enough food. Are there any places (other than family style and buffets, obviously) where you are not allowed to do this?

Just about all of the Disney restaurants are getting used to this, and we have some restaurants in our local area trained as well!!

Usually they won't split the entree in the kitchen, but we just ask for an extra plate and do it ourselves. We'll usually add a salad to the entree for each of us, and we leave without feeling 'stuffed'.

Then if DH wants some sort of dessert later- we can share that too, and not feel totally miserable.

Have fun!!!

My DH and I often share a meal there and have never had a problem. There are so many places we enjoy or want to try that the thought of 3 big meals each day is just way too much. This way we can enjoy the restaurants without overdoing it and feeling stuffed all the time. The restaurants have always been very agreeable to this.:wave2:

Generally, portions at WDW are very big. Foodstuffs must be cheap. At takeout places now, say Columbia Harbor House for example, we buy one entree for three people and then a side or dessert. It's usually enough.

We haven't tried at sitdown places but it's not a bad idea. We usually share apps. and desserts though.

I don't think they can do anything unless the restaurant has a minimum per person charge.

We ordered the filet mignon and a salad at Spoodles at the Boardwalk and asked to split it. The entree came on one plate and the waiter brought an extra plate. The presentation was very pretty, so I assume that's why they don't split the entrees. But they split the salad onto separate plates. Like others have said, they don't mind, and the entrees are plenty big. We aren't big eaters, so it was just right. (and if it's not enough for you, there will be enough room for dessert!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter