Question about Old Key West

Mouseketeer
Hi Everyone,
I am new to this board and am having a hard time with all the abrivations so please bear with me. We have booked a July vacation for this year at OKW( I think that is the abr. for Old Key West). My question is has anyone else stayed there before and what was your experence? We have 2 children 13 & 16. Any helpful hints about the parks, the food or anything else would be very much appreciated. This is an expensive trip and want to enjoy it to the max. Thanks so much.

:D :D :D

The bus transportation to the parks is very good at OKW. And you can take a boat to Downtown Disney (leaves between noon and 9:40PM, if I remember correctly). The rooms are spacious. Studios have two queensized beds. One bedroom has a king, plus a fold out sofa bed. You get a mini-kitchen with the studio, a full kitchen with the 1 bedroom. A very quiet resort, pool is nice but no slides at OKW. You have feeling of an apartment complex where you can park your car outside your room. There is a golf course that winds its way through the complex. OKW is our main home away from home. It's where we bought first and we love to stay there. Olivia's is getting very good for meals. They have some wonderful breakfast and great sandwiches. And you can sit outside was enjoy the environment.

You'll like OKW.

Thanks for the replys. We have a one room suite. No car. I appricate your help.:cool: :cool: :cool:

The one bedroom villas (as well as the 2 and 3 bedroom ones) also has a rather large Jacuzzi in the Bathroom. Very nice to relax in after a day in the parks. The Jacuzzi is so big 2 people could probably enjoy it at the same time... :smooth: We have been staying at OKW for 10 years now and we love it. The size of the villas is a great plus. Lots of room to spread out.

You'll love the 1 bedroom, it's huge!

The reason I asked about the car - if you want to use the main pool you may want to request a room close to the main building. Some of the rooms are a distance from the main building. You could hop a bus to the main building if you're farther away but it would be easier if you're closer.

We just stayed at OKW for the first time last month and we LOVED it! In fact, we're going back in June.

I took quite a few pictures, you can find them HERE. There are links at the top of the page to pictures of a studio and a 1-bedroom villa. :)

We have a one room suite. No car.
When you say 1 room suite do you mean one room like a studio which is a room with 2 queen beds, a kitchenette with microwave, frig & sink and a bathroom OR a 1 br villa with a master bedroom and a seperate lr, dr, kitchen, bath w/jacuzzi tub and a w/d?
There is a BIG difference especially if your family has 2 teenagers!
I have experienced OKW to have adequate bus service and the buses are hardly ever crowded but I find this resort to be much easier if you have a car. This is a very large resort so depending on your building location a car can save considerable time; plus you can park in front of your building!

Thanks again for all your help. As far as the room accomaditions, we are getting the one with a separate bedroom and full kitchen. Also should we ask for a room in the main building to be by the pool? Thanks

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Originally posted by 1204
Thanks again for all your help. As far as the room accomaditions, we are getting the one with a separate bedroom and full kitchen. Also should we ask for a room in the main building to be by the pool?

Here is the map of OKW below........I would suggest to request buildings 11-14 or 23-26 if you want to be near the main pool and HH.;)

http://wdwig.com/okwmap.jpg

Originally posted by 1204
Thanks again for all your help. As far as the room accomaditions, we are getting the one with a separate bedroom and full kitchen. Also should we ask for a room in the main building to be by the pool? Thanks

There are no rooms at OKW in a 'main' building. You can request a villa close to the Hosipitality House. Even if you are not right by it, the internal busses will take you to the Hospitality House and back to your room if the walk is too long. Take a look at the map link that ncligs posted and you will get the idea. Enjoy!

We stayed in 63 last fall and the kids (DDs 12 & 15, friend 15 exchange son 18) loved, it the Community center and pool are kiddy corner. It was wonderful for me too, if we weren't at the parks they were all over there:D and I didn't have to give them a ride. Our next trip I think I will request 62 it seems like it might be a little quieter (no golf cart path or road behind the patio. We love OKW, I'm sure you'll be very pleased.

*********** - I love all your pictures, thanks for sharing, always makes me so homesick though.

WOW!! *********** - awesome pictures. I may be leaning toward OKW rather than BCV for next June. It just looks so peaceful and relaxing. My kids, however, may revolt against it because they love SAB. But there just seems to be more things for kids to do at OKW. And a 2 bedroom is less than BCV...and you can park right next to your building....and there's so much more room in the kitchen...and there's a regular dining table...(this is me talking myself into OKW!!)

Everyone has been so helpful, and I love all the pictures. We're getting excited. Can't wait to go!

:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter