Question about the drop-down bunk

quidam

Mouseketeer
I've booked a cat. 6 cabin for our next cruise (party of 4). It is my understanding that there is a drop-down bunk for the 4th person. But from the pictures that I have seen, it seems to be a very small bed and the children who will be traveling with us are 16 and 10. Is that bed for smaller children or will we be fine?

Thanks!

The drop down bunk is a standard size twin bed and it's very comfortable. I was very surprised how comfortable all the beds were. If I remember right there was a 200 lb weight limit so I don't think you will have to worry about your kids being able to use the bed. My 10 yr old and 7 yr took turns sleeping there.

and I'm a 36 yr old mother of 2!

It's a normal twin sized mattress and comfy. We put the kids in the king bed one night and dh and I took the bunks so they'd hopefully sleep later - it was much darker in the king bed area with the curtain closed and our kids are up with the light.

I slept in the dop down while our baby slept in the crib and DH and DS in the bed. I tell people it is the best I had slept in years. I don't know if was the ship moving or what. I also felt the curtains on the porthole window (Category 9 Deluxe Oceanview bloced the sun and it stayed very dark).

The only thing htat bothered me was up and down to the restroom so pack a little flash light like I did and also there was a box located right where your head goes in the pull down bunk. It must have been some sort of detector or such. I simply put a diaper over the light part. I found the light distracting but the bunk very comfortable.

My kids thought the bunk was great. My only complaint last cruise was that our cabin stewart first left it down all day with the couch made as a bed. We asked that the couch be a couch during the day and the upper bunk slid away. We come back and the sheets are off the couch but the back pillows still in drawers and the top bunk folder up against the wall covering up the wall and picture. We again made our request and was told that since it takes a key to slide back up to ceiling that the bunk had to be left down. This was our 4th Disney cruise and the first time to experience this so we called and next time it was done right. So if you have a set up for 4 you do not have to live with 4 beds all day. You can have the room like it should be with a couch during the day. I have heard that some like the top bunk down as it is good for holding "stuff". We found we had more than enough storage for the 4 of us.

My 9 year old DS loved the bunk during our 12/5 Wonder cruise. Our steward would put the bed back up in the morning and take it down about 8pm. As long as your kids aren't too tall they should be all right. They'll probably fight over it!

The pull-down berth is approximately 32 x 72 inches (81 x 183 cm) and has a weight restriction of 220 pounds (100 kg). The clearance from the upper berth to the ceiling is 35 inches (89 cm).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter