Question about tipping Mousekeeping

Twingle

DIS Veteran
Our upcoming trip in June will be the first time we're there long enough to have both Trash/Towel service and Full service.

If anyone would be willing to give me an idea on what to tip for these two services, I would appreciate it!

Thank you :goodvibes

We tip 5 dollars on T&T, 5 on full cleaning and 5 on checkout for a studio. If we stay in a 2BR we tip 10 on full cleaning and 5 on TT and checkout.

I left $ on a TT day in BW and they left it there :confused3
But they did take the $ on the full service I do not remeber how much I left it was a few years ago. At OKW they took everything :lmao:

I tip about the same as magicmommy. I have had them leave the tip, though. I guess most have been instructed to do so, or else they could be accused of "stealing".

One time I left a tip, I returned to the room while the maid was there, and she specifically asked it was for her. I now leave it "tagged" with "Housekeeping" written on slip of paper, and it hasn't been left since. If the room has any problems, like light bulbs or maintenance issues, I also leave a note listing the problems, and they are fixed :)

I should have clarified....We always use envelopes for Mousekeeping as we were told unless it specifically indicates it is for them they will leave it(had it happen once and made a call to find out why they didn't take it). We now print them up before the trip.

Thanks for the link to the envelopes. I printed up a couple. I always leave the tip ($5) on the cleared off table, and once it was left there, but luckily we caught her in the hallway and gave it to her there. From then on, I always left a sheet from the phone pad with 'Mousekeeping' written on it and they've taken it every time, but these envelopes will be a lot classier. Thanks again.

We always stay in a two bedroom unit and we have four incredibly messy daughters. We tip $5 on trash and towel day; $10-$15 on full service day depending on the guilt level; and $20-$30 when we leave depending on whether we've done a reasonable job of dealing with the mess!
J

I use the 'Mousekeeping Envelopes' and tip $5 for trash & towel and $10 for full clean. I prepare my envelopes ahead of time, kind of a pre-pay thing, which makes it very easy.

You can certainly do what you feel comfortable but just so you are aware Disney considers mousekeeping to be a NON tipped position.

Dean - I did not realize that Disney considered Mousekeeping a non-tip position, thank you for that information. I know that the Bus Drivers are not to accept tips, but Magical Express drivers can.

Even though it's considered a non-tipping position, Disney will let them keep the tips, right?

Those that do tip the housekeepers, I am curious: What reasons do you have that cause you to tip that particular part of the hotel staff but not others?

-front desk
-maintanence
-landscaping

??

Those that do tip the housekeepers, I am curious: What reasons do you have that cause you to tip that particular part of the hotel staff but not others?

-front desk
-maintanence
-landscaping

??

Because we feel housekeepers in general are very underpaid and the Mousekeepers at WDW IMHO are some of the hardest working folks and are very appreciative of the tips they get.

-front desk
-maintanence
-landscaping

??

It is customary when traveling anywhere to tip housekeeping. Not sure why Disney specifies them as non-tipped, perhaps so that they don't have to deal with reporting taxes on tips as part of their W-2.

It is customary when traveling anywhere to tip housekeeping. Not sure why Disney specifies them as non-tipped, perhaps so that they don't have to deal with reporting taxes on tips as part of their W-2.

That's not exactly true. MOST hotels consider housekeeping a non-tipped position. In fact, many corporations instruct their people NOT to tip housekeeping when they are on a business trip. Many hotels believe it contributes to housekeepers taking things they shouldn't, so they have instructions that housekeeping considered a non-tipped postition.

They are also cleaning up a mess that you and your family made now if you leave the room and vacum and take out all your trash then I would say they are just doing thier job but I think in general we leave a lot of stuff behind when we leave a room. Yes I agree this is part of thier job description to clean a room but in general people leave a lot more than they think and you are just saying thank you for cleaning up my mess even if it is only a few dollars it is a nice gesture.

They are also cleaning up a mess that you and your family made now if you leave the room and vacum and take out all your trash then I would say they are just doing thier job but I think in general we leave a lot of stuff behind when we leave a room. Yes I agree this is part of thier job description to clean a room but in general people leave a lot more than they think and you are just saying thank you for cleaning up my mess even if it is only a few dollars it is a nice gesture.

I would never think of doing that. I always take out the trash, throw away the left over food, strip the beds that were used, and pile the towels in the tub.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter