Question about vaccinations esp. for UK DCL travellers

Melcatfish

<font color=990099>In full planning mode!<br><font
We are booked on the 3 day cruise next summer and my cousin is absolutely petrified of injections. I see there are no vaccinations required for the US but typhoid hep A and polio are recommended for Bahamas. When I went to Turkey I was told by my GP that most of the "recommended" vaccinations were only necessary if I was visiting non touristy \ less sanitised places or if I was planning on having (and I quote) "intimate relations with the locals!"

My question is has anyone done the 3 day wonder cruise and did you have the above vaccinations? Are they really necessary for such a short amount of time spent ashore (I realise it doesn't take long to get ill but we won't be venturing into any untouristy areas and I am not sure how Typhoid and Hep A are passed - we have all had the polio vaccine)

Any views or opinions. We plan to do the Blue Lagoon beach and dolphin swim if that has any bearing on the situation. I am beginning to think if she has to have jabs her family will cancel the cruise and stay in orlando.

Regards
Mel
xx

Hubby and I just updated our adult vaccines for our 7 day cruise.

We decided better safe than sorry, you never know where/when/how you will pick something up.

We Have just returned from the 7 day Magic cruise and did the 4 day Wonder cruise in 2001. We did not have any jabs before either cruise. I suppose it depends on whether you worry about it or not.

We have been on the Eastern 7 day once and the Western twice and never had injections other than the usual ones.
Have a wonderful time!
Wendy

I personally would not travel without the standards (Tetanus, Measles, Polio, Chicken Pox, or having had the disease for some) plus Hep A. I would not get typhoid or yellow fever unless it were required and it isn't for this option. Malaria prophylaxis isn't necessary for this trip. For certain VERY high risk children under age 2, they might consider the RSV prophylaxis regardless of the time of the year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter