• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

question about waitlists

Kurby

All the adversity I've had in my life, all my trou
if you are on the wait list for ohhhh say Wilderness can you book a room at SS? and if you are booked in at SS and Wilderness comes through can you transfer your reservation from SS to Wilderness without incurring any point penalty?

You have to pay the extra amount of points.

I recently had a waitlist come through automatically. I had told MS how I wanted to pay for the new ressie since it cost more points.

Bobbi:goodvibes

i know the points per night are different but if you cancel a reservation at one resort because you were on the wait list for another and you take the second wait list reservation because it's really what you wanted in the first place - is there a penalty for cancelling?

what if you really wanted AK and if not ak wilderness but they were both booked so you went on the wait list for both and booked SS because it was available. is it not considered bad form? can you only be on one wait list at a time?

are you taking up "space" being on more then one wait list?

is there an unwritten rule about how many wait lists you can be on for the same time frame?

Oh, I see...no, as long as you cancel the first before the 30 day penalty period (the points go into a holding account) you can cancel the first and just book the second.
You can be on more than 1 waitlist at a time. People have mentioned that they have done so. I have not done that, however.

Bobbi:goodvibes

Actually this is one of the best approaches. Book home resort at 11 months out and then book preferred option at 7 months wait listing anything you can't book directly.

Actually this is one of the best approaches. Book home resort at 11 months out and then book preferred option at 7 months wait listing anything you can't book directly.
:thumbsup2 ::yes:: :thumbsup2

That's the common and most practical way to reserve non-home resorts! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter