Question: best community center?

BaybeeYoda

Mouseketeer
I’ve only been to Boardwalk and Bay Lake Community Center. Question: has anybody been to all the community centers and can say which one is their favorite and why?

We prefer Boardwalk CC over Bay Lake CC. Just thinking about a rainy day for kids.

Bay Lake CC is small and doesn’t have the same number of entertainment tools as Boardwalk CC (I think).

I’ve only been to Boardwalk and Bay Lake Community Center. Question: has anybody been to all the community centers and can say which one is their favorite and why?

We prefer Boardwalk CC over Bay Lake CC. Just thinking about a rainy day for kids.

Bay Lake CC is small and doesn’t have the same number of entertainment tools as Boardwalk CC (I think).
Yes BLT is smaller but if you are looking for a rainy day there is the fact that you won't get wet here or at Kidani.
I would say Kidani is a little bigger than BLT but not much.

OKW and BWV are close to the same size but IMO BWV has more to do with the pinball and the ping pong is under the roof of community hall keeping you somewhat drier.

BWV and OKW seemed to have more paid arts and crafts than BLT and Kidani if that is something your kid is into.
We can get some cheap souvenirs this way. DS likes painting the magnets of characters that they then fire in the kiln. I believe they said it takes 48 hours to get it back.

RIV has the Eventi Room but have never used it before. It has been a few years ago since I passed by it but there didn't seem to be a couch just places to color.

I have never stayed at SSR so I could not tell you about that one.

We've just been to 3--BWV, BLT, AKV. BWV is the biggest. BLT is definitely small! Animal Kingdom has extra activities outside of the community center, so it's a great place to spend a rainy day or non park day. Lots of cultural and animal activities at both Jambo and Kidani. We did cookie decorating (for free) outside Sanaa one time. All the stuff is listed in the monthly recreation calendar.

We did OKW and really enjoyed it. The kids decorated water-sensitive cups and colored/painted little bean bag critters, then played some games and watched videos with the other kids. IDK if it's just luck of the draw, but we really enjoyed the kid mix at the community center and the pool during the week of July 4th this year. Just a nice, inclusive vibe. Marshmallows were good, too.

Of all the ones I've been to (Boardwalk, OKW, Kidani, Jambo) I thought Boardwalk was by far the best, followed by OKW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter