Question for previous Western cruisers

FantasticDisFamily

<font color=navy>Sent <font color=red>on a <font c
Ok, those of you who have sailed the Western itinerary I have a question that is burning up the brains of my two men. They have taken to pouring over maps and charts of the area we will be sailing.

They HAVE to know - can you see Cuba when you pass it either time? They have determined we will pass it twice; once on the way to Cozumel and again on the way back toward Castaway Cay. They are presuming once will be at night and can you see lights?

If any one knows I'd be eternally grateful as this debate is become far to much of a focus! :p

Deb

That was fast sdoane - you must be sitting on your computer like I am at the moment! :p

Thanks! That will put that topic of discussion to rest, at least until we are onboard.

Deb

In your daily Personal Navigator on the front they will list the approximate times you will pass different sites and islands. Your two men can be well-prepared. :)

On our 8/3/02 Western Magic cruise we actually stopped and offered assistance to a boatload of cuban refugees...we were on our way to Castaway Cay after a day at sea and the ship slowed down. Everyone was looking over the Deck 4 railing. There were about 4 or 5 men and 1 young boy. They had been adrift for days with no water. It was semi-formal night and very weird to see the guests dressed to the nines and these men with no shirts on and hungry/thirsty. Really showed the difference in two countries.

DCL called the Coast guard and they took over from there. It was very upsetting to see.

MJ

A friend of mine witnessed the same thing on RCL. It reminds me of the end of the movie Castaway........

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter