Question for those who have had children on the GF Pirate's Cruise

carriep1657

Mouseketeer
My DD really wants to go on the Pirate Cruise. However, she is absolutely terrified of Captain Hook. I have told her that I don't think she will see him on the cruise but that I would check. Did any of your children see Capt Hook on the Pirate Cruise?

Well my girls went in 2000, but there were not any characters on board. Perhaps someone more recent can back me up on this.
Robin M.

I have been following recent threads about the PC and it appears only regular CM's go with the kids.

Do a seach of the boards and you'll find the treads. One person even posted their web site with pictures of the cruise. You could show you DD.

My daughter was on the cruise last summer. There were no pirates, only cast members.

Kathy D.

My kids went on the pirate cruise this past April and no Captain Hook just CM's :D

Thank you all so much. I read all of your posts to my DD. She has the biggest smile on her face right now. She is so excited about the PC.

It's funny how their minds work. She had been excited about the PC for months then all of a sudden she changed her mind and said, "I don't want to go on the Pirate Cruise any more." Finally, yesterday, she said, "I don't want to go on the PC because I'm afraid I'll see Capt Hook." I didn't even occur to me that that might be the problem.

We're off to look at Janet2k's pictures of the Pirate Cruise.

Thanks again.

DS has been on it a few times. He said that the CM's turn into the pirates (not costumes, just that they want all of the booty for themselves) All three times he has done it, they get whistles with the booty. The whistles are to keep the pirates away. All they have to do is blow it and the pirates leave. (so the story goes) Let your DD know that she will get a whistle to keep the pirates away. Maybe that will be enough to keep her spirits up.

Carrie, she won't see any Disney characters on the cruise, but she might see some "other" characters at the marina when the cruise begins, like moms & dads & aunts & uncles & grandparents. Some of those folks might be enough to scare her (okay, only if it's MY family that is standing there at the dock -- my husband is always the one with the hairiest legs, hee hee). ;)

Carrie, by the way, my nephew was hesitant about going on the cruise (he is very timid). My sister told him that he had to at least show up at the marina on the morning of the cruise before he made his final decision. His big sister was going on the cruise with my young daughter, and the two of them were all gung-ho. Well, when he got to the marina and saw the life vests and was given a bandanna to tie around his head, he quickly changed his tune and couldn't wait to attend the Pirates Cruise. He went on it and had a wonderful time sailing the seven seas (lagoon, that is) with the rest of the motley crew.

Thank you all for your help. I and my DD thank you. She is truly excited about it now.

I will tell her about the whistles keeping the pirates away. She may want to carry it every where we go just in case Capt Hook shows up. :)

Carrie

Oops, Janet2K, I forgot to say, your comment about your family and your husband's hairy legs made me laugh. Unfortunately for me, I'm the hairiest one in our family.

My youngest dd was on this tour three years ago and there were no characters then. She loved the tour.

Nope, never fear, there are no characters present on the Pirate Cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter