• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Question on DVC rentals

Jo2019

Mouseketeer
We have a stay coming up at AKL this November. We rented points through a company. Our trip was extended by one night and the company didn't have any inventory so we rented one more night from a private owner.

So we have two separate reservations for the same room category at AKL Jambo House. I'm hoping that we'll be able to ask to stay in the same room for that last night so we don't have to pack up and move.

Would I discuss that request with the resort at check-in or is that something that the DVC owners have to ask for In advance? I know that room requests are not guaranteed but if we didn't have to switch rooms it would be great. Hope this post makes sense!

The great news is that AKV is probably one of the most accommodating and best managed resorts at WDW. Since you're not an owner combining your own reservations, it would be best (and likely the only way) to do this at the front desk after you've checked in and settled in your room, assuming you do online check-in. Do it as soon as you can, preferably on day one. My bet would be it won't be a problem at all. All they can do is say no.

Have each owner put in a request to link their reservation to your other one by giving that reservation number.

This way, they know ahead of time. When you check in, make sure they have put you in the same room because if they didn’t, that would be the time to try and fix it for you!

Have each owner put in a request to link their reservation to your other one by giving that reservation number.

This way, they know ahead of time. When you check in, make sure they have put you in the same room because if they didn’t, that would be the time to try and fix it for you!

OK. So I'm not being contrary, but that's a lot to ask of two different owners especially when one of them is through a broker. Given current hold times, I'm not sure I'd even do it for myself given the current circumstances and that it is a convenience that's not related to what I rented/agreed to anyway. Just being honest. Seems to me you're just making things hard on two owners that are essentially out of the picture at this point when fixing it at the desk will literally likely only take 5 minutes of inconvenience by the only person in the entire equation that cares about it or that is even a party to it. Could they do what you said? Sure. Probably. Maybe. But is it the best way. Not in my opinion.

OK. So I'm not being contrary, but that's a lot to ask of two different owners especially when one of them is through a broker. Given current hold times, I'm not sure I'd even do it for myself given the current circumstances and that it is a convenience that's not related to what I rented/agreed to anyway. Just being honest. Seems to me you're just making things hard on two owners that are essentially out of the picture at this point when fixing it at the desk will literally likely only take 5 minutes of inconvenience by the only person in the entire equation that cares about it or that is even a party to it. Could they do what you said? Sure. Probably. Maybe. But is it the best way. Not in my opinion.
Let me say I agree that it’s more reasonable for this renter to take care of it at the front desk, in person at time of checkin. However, I just wanted to point out that the owners could submit this request via chat or email - no requirement to call.

The owner can send an email or chat to givethe info. Granted, the owners can refuse, but it doesn’t hurt for the renter to provide the information and ask them if they will.

If they wait to get there, they might be not be able to fix it if rooms are already set and it can not be changed

I don’t see any harm in the renter attempting it ahead of time as it increases the odds.

Most brokers will pass along room requests to owners and ask them to add them for a renter and I bet most owners will put them in as well.

Let me say I agree that it’s more reasonable for this renter to take care of it at the front desk, in person at time of checkin. However, I just wanted to point out that the owners could submit this request via chat or email - no requirement to call.

That's assuming chat is working. which it rarely rarely rarely is... Why yes, I have been trying to get through lately, lol!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter