Question on ROL FastPass importance?

fflmaster

DIS Veteran
I have my 60-day timeframe for FPs coming up in less than a week, and I need to decide on what is the best use of the Animal Kingdom 3 FPs.

I already understand how important FOP is to get, so that trumps all.

However, I am not sure what is the next most important. I see ROL seem to go quicker, however, if I setup a group of FPs for us then we will not have any ability to try and get the 4th or 5th FPs during our visit.

I know that some have said that you must get to the show 1 to 1.5 hours in advance to get a stand-by seat. Is this still true?

I would go the ability to get multiple FPs during the day if we can keep from waiting for over an hour to see the show.

We have 9 people in our group.

We had originally reserved a ROL dining package for our first AK day. When I made the reservation, it was for the 2nd ROL showing, and according to the event time, it said 9pm. When we got to Tiffins, they said that the show times were adjusted, and that the 2nd showing was now at 10pm. We had our 6mo son with us, and did not want to be out that late with him. So we decided not to do the dining package, (still ate at Tiffins, which was sooo good!!) and just do stand-by for ROL. We got there around 25 mins before showtime, waited in line only about 10 minutes, and got a pretty decent seat. They were extremely efficient in directing us all to seats, no running or crowd jumbling. We were one section from the end, and about 10 rows up. We were able to view the whole show, and the boats and floats came by pretty close. I wouldn't waste a FP on ROL unless you just have one to spare.

No matter if you're going FP or standby, if you really want to see the show I'd show up 45-60 min prior to showtime.

I personally would not book a FP for RoL. Aside from I personally didn't care for the show, using that FP on say Safari, Expedition Everest, Dinosaur, or even trying for a 4th FP.. That would be way more beneficial in my opinion.

If RoL FP meant you could show up 5-10 min before the show, then it might be worth it. But other than that, I'd book elsewhere

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter