Question regarding experience without FP

I dislike not having fastpass VERY MUCH!! If you are older, long lines are not compatable with hips, kness, and feet having six and seven decades of miles. The fastpasses were a HUGE help.
This is exactly what DAS is for...

My FIL uses DAS when him and my MIL go because he cannot stand in long lines in the heat. They have never had an issue getting a DAS pass.

We've been back multiple times since reopening as well and have had 0 issues being able to ride and fit in everything we wanted. This includes stopping for a QS lunch and a TS dinner every night.

Now, can you just show up to the park and walk around aimlessly getting in whatever ride queue you want? No....You still have to look and make a plan as to where the least amount of crowd is in the park and hit top tier rides when it makes sense. I have seen several people on FB and other places claiming they couldn't do more than one ride in the park because of the wait times and crowds and that just simply isn't true.

Also, I would submit that by using FPs you're picking a specific ride that's available for you to get on with minimal wait. I think some peoples perception may be a little skewed in the amount of time they are actually taking to scan their phone over and over, pick the FP, run across the park to what's available, still stand in a line usually, ride the ride, then rinse and repeat. This narrative that people went from ride to ride of their choice all day long without any hassle or wasted time with FPs just simply isn't true. I considered myself a FP master, and this was never my experience. I would believe that while you may spend more time standing in line now, you're still using the same amount of time as you would be constantly searching and running around for the next FP IMO. I would rather be there taking in the sights than constantly staring at and refreshing my phone....
I think the issue is that you said the ppl. complaining are ones like you described. My point was that we're far from what you described, however that doesn't mean that it doesn't bother us that the fact remains that we're waiting in lines much longer than we ever did using fastpasses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter