Questions about boats and strollers

BettyCv

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone,

Can you tell me if our strollers - a regular single (not umbrella) and a regular tandem double (two seats in a row) will need to be folded to go on the boats that run from the S/D to MGM and Epcot?

Also are there any other types of boats we would be taking to get around the world that would require us to fold our strollers? Or are all the boats essentially the same?

Thank you!

BettyC

We were not asked to fold our strollers on the Friendship Boats, which run inside EPCOT and between EPCOT and MGM. Often if sleeping we left DD in the stroller for the ride. However, there are different boats that run on Seven Seas Lagoon and Bay Lake (MK, Contemp/GF/Poly/WL) and we have been asked to hold our child and fold the stroller on those boats.

Yep...we found the same thing as ahutton on our last trip. Didn't have to collapse it for the MGM-Epcot-resort boats. But we did have to fold it for the boat ride from the MK to the Polynesian.

Thank you for your help! The S/D is sounding better every minute.

I should have asked this with my original post - do you need to fold these strollers on the monorail? (Not that I think we'd be using it much if we stayed at S/D.)

BettyC

Someone once mentioned that if it was crowded..then they would ask you to fold it, but I've never been asked and I've been on some crowded monorails. We have always NOT folded the stroller on the monorails (without any problem at all).

Just a note on the Monorail...

Double strollers WILL need to be folded, as they will not fit into a regular car. The only cars they will fit in are the wheelchair accessible cars, and those cars need to be kept free for those guests travelling with wheelchairs.

chipndale

Just so I understand correctly, we are both talking about the same kind of double stroller - with the seats one behind the other, (it's not a side by side or jogging stroller).... So, my double DOES need to be folding on the monorail, but not on the boats???

BettyC

Originally posted by BettyCv
chipndale

Just so I understand correctly, we are both talking about the same kind of double stroller - with the seats one behind the other, (it's not a side by side or jogging stroller).... So, my double DOES need to be folding on the monorail, but not on the boats???

BettyC

Double-wide strollers will not fit on the monorail.

Double-long strollers may or may not fit on the monorail, due to the car interior setup.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter