Questions about Gatorland

bellarinah

Always a tone of surprise!
We are a family with two kids, aged 8 and 7. We’ve been to Orlando many times visiting all the theme parks. Just this most recent visit in December 2017, we’ve started to venture out to the non-theme park world. And we plan to do more of that on future visits this year. I have a few questions about Gatorland specifically.

First a little background. We did an airboat tour with Wild Florida. We enjoyed their airboat tour. My kids enjoyed their zoo (called “Wildlife Park”) too but I personally didn’t prefer it. I felt like all the animals were kept in such small living quarters, more like a cage than enclosure. I’m not trying to be political here at all. Just stating my feelings. I guess I’m spoiled after visiting AK, BG, and SW. We live in Washington DC area and visit the National Zoo a lot. So I’m more used to seeing animals in large enclosures. Also, everywhere we turned, there was always something they asked me to pay for. For example, $2 for petting zoo feed, $.25 for kangaroo feed, more money for picture with baby alligator, $8 for feeding alligators, etc. I understand that I always had a choice to not do any of these. But it got annoying after having to say no to the kids every five seconds. No offense to the people who love this Wildlife Park. It’s just not my thing.

Now I’m wondering if Gatorland would be similar to this. I’d like to visit. Alligators are cool. But I’d rather not if the experience will be close to what I encountered at Wild Florida. Please share your experience!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter