Questions about in-room safes?

Lorix2

<font color=blue>Pixie and Dylan's mom<br><font co
This might sound silly - but I really don't know:

1) How do they work - combination (preset/or you choose) or key?

2) Do you use them?

3) Can the hotel open it if you can't (lose key or forget combo)??

Can you tell I've never used one? ....I know that I want to set aside prefilled envelopes for each day's spending allowance....but I'm afraid I'll be a wreck wondering if the money is safe in the safe! But in reality I know that's it's probably more dangerous to carry all of our money with us to the parks, etc...

Thank you:)

The safes have a key. They are not real large but will hold money credit cards etc. We always use them when we stay in any hotel. If you loose the key or fail to leave it in the safe when you check out you have to pay for it. It was like 30 or 35 dollars I think. We keep our travlers checks and extra cash in ours at Disney.BTW, if you are staying on site.We found that the best way to handle money was to charge everything to our room key and then pay off the balance with our travlers checks.We carried very little cash.You get recipts for everything so you can keep up with your balance.

Jordan's mom

We used the safe to keep things like airline tickets, travelers checks extra money, etc.

In Nov 1999 we were staying at the ASSp and the key broke in the lock as we were going out to dinner. I called the front desk and they told me that they would send someone from engineering up shortly. I explained that I had a PS for dinner and asked if I would have to stay. They told me no but asked if we needed any assistance paying for the meal as our money and credit cards were in the safe ( I don't think they were going to pay for it but just make arrangements to have it charge to the room or something). I told them we were set as long I could charge Spoodles to my room key. They said there would be no problem. Whenw got to Spoodles the manager came over to make sure that we were all set ( I think he just wanted to be paid) and then gave use free dessert.

When we got back to the room the safe had been fixed but was empty. There was a message on the voice mail that said that our items were in the hotel safe and that we would have to pick them up at guest services. I spoke to the manager who said thi s was policy to help protect our belongings.

Overall no inconvienence at all and I have continued using the safes since

Thank you DavidOH - I'm glad everything worked out well for you. We'll be staying offsite and hope we don't encounter any problems with it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter