• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

questions about port of miami, seriously i need help with this

disneydeb

DIS Veteran
hello everyone, recently booked a cruise on disney from miami, could only get flights into fort lauderdale, need info on how to get from ft lauderdale to port of miami , any recommendations, also was thinking of spending night before in ft lauderdale is there a way to get from hotel to port and then after cruise from disney ship back to fort lauderdale airport thanks in advance

There are a couple of transfer companies. I quickly search the internet and found one like this: https://www.fortlauderdaleairportshuttle.com/port-of-miami-transfers/ Never used them and no recommendations. If you can't find a shuttle that will go directly from your hotel to the Port, then choose a hotel that has an airport shuttle. Take the shuttle to the hotel and then back to the airport the next morning. Then pick up the transfer shuttle. Might take a little bit longer, but at leas it is free!

As mentioned above there are a number of transfer companies. I do not remember who we used but we stayed in FLL the night before the cruise and had a private transfer take us over to the port.

Our neighbors just used Uber from ft lauderdale to the port in Miami. They said it was very easy

I did that trip at the end of Jan through FLL with an overnight in FLL. We took a Lyft ride to the port the next day. Much cheaper than using a transportation company.

I just ran Ft L' International to port of Miami and got Uber X at $55 ......

this is a reference point as prices DO change based on demand vs available drivers

We booked a cruise out of Miami last week for the Mar 23 sailing. My only experience is with Port Canaveral, so it'll be an adventure.

We also are flying into Ft. Lauderdale(who thought flying to Miami was so nuch more expensive!?) and we are staying the night near FLL since the hotels are also much cheaper up there.

Booked Jiffy Jeff transportation, as we have a toddler who needs a car seat. Otherwise, we probably would have used Uber.

We stayed in the FLL area the night before our cruise and used Jiffy Jeff. They were great. They got us from the hotel to the port, and then from the port to the airport. We were a group of 6 and they had a car seat for my toddler, which is the main reason we booked them.

We used a Lyft from Fort Lauderdale airport to a hotel in Miami last year. It was very easy and cost maybe $70. I wanted to. E close to the port overnight in case of traffic in the morning. We did a second Lyft from the hotel to the port in the morning .

Lyft from near the Miami airport to Port Everglades was simple - I'd imagine it would be just as simple in reverse. (I have issues with Uber and would rather give my money to Lyft.)

hello everyone, recently booked a cruise on disney from miami, could only get flights into fort lauderdale, need info on how to get from ft lauderdale to port of miami , any recommendations, also was thinking of spending night before in ft lauderdale is there a way to get from hotel to port and then after cruise from disney ship back to fort lauderdale airport thanks in advance

It is only 25 miles from FLL to miami. Miami is expensive, but we stayed there to be close to port and also to be in Miami Beach yolo. we used Jiffy Jeff transport, they will take you both ways. Once you leave the ship Jiffy Jeff will have you at FLL in half an hour, no need to hurry. Two years ago, it was 15 a person.

I booked two car (minivan) rentals. One from FLL to port (for 2 nights, we arrive 2 days before the cruise), and then another one from port back to FLL (same-day). The same-day rental was around $130, the 2-night one maybe about $200.

ETA- my understanding is you use the rental car place's free shuttle to get to/from the ship.

In December we used the shared shuttle from the stand that is just outside the arrivals area to go from FLL to South Beach. We didn’t book it in advance, but you can if you want. The cost was about $50 for two of us including tip. The website is
https://goairportshuttle.com/fort-l...MI9tvdj4Hz5wIVkq_sCh0TCQtWEAAYASAAEgIiUvD_BwEOur return flight was late in the day, so we booked the MI06 port adventure, Miami Hop-On Hop-Off City Tour, which can only be booked once you are on-board. It included tours of South Beach and Little Havana, and then a shuttle to FLL (or MIA) for $59.00 per adult. We enjoyed it and it gave us something to do besides sit in the airport waiting for our flight.
https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/...-with-airport-transfer-onboard-bookings-only/

Miami port express is $14.99 per person. The shuttle runs every hour or so. You can make a resv beforehand if you know when you will be there. We took it when we went on our EBTA and we will take it again!😊

We used Jiffy Jeff’s shared ride from FLL to the Miami Port. All communication before the ride was clear, prompt and professional. We were a party of 2, so it’s more economical to do the shared ride. Though it’s 15pp, there’s a minimum $45 charge for 3 people meaning if there would have been just the two of us on that ride, we would to pay $45 instead of $30 plus gratuity.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter