• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Questions about the Germany Trip

Amy H

Earning My Ears
I am leaving August 5th for our Germany vacation. The tour starts on the 10th. We are spending time with family before we start our Disney adventure. I am traveling with a 6 and a half year old, a 9 year old and my mother in law. My daughter is not big on walking! Will she be so involved with what is going on that she won't notice? I am not overly concerned about her biking but I know she can't go too fast. Do they have shorter walking/biking routes for those who may not be able to keep up? What should I pack? Is there an event when we need to dress up? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

5 months + till Germany

I don't recall any walking that is overly long. Indeed, you may want to do some on your free time, exploring, shopping, etc., but all the the tour walking is very entertaining even for kids and not stenuous. What you hope for is some other kids around the same age in your tour. They usually entertain themselves along the way. I would bring a few books, nintendo/gameboys and the like for down time. Most of the kids on our two previous trips brought nintendo DS. The biking is at whatever pace you take. The group may split into faster and slower riders. In addition, there is a bus waiting at the halfway point to take you and the bike back if you choose. Clothing is whatever is comfortable for the weather and your style. There are a couple of dinners where nicer casual is appropriate. There is always some in the group that may dress up but the overwhelming majority go with "travel casual". I believe Disney gives you packing suggestions in the trip materials which is pretty spot on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter