Questions about WDW vs DL

Tons of great info in here. Thank you all so much! It's really helping me shape and focus my plan. Sorry I don't have time to respond to each individually but I have to be up at 2am to get ready for my flight and I still have some packing to do!

I had to say something because you gave me my laugh of the day! Unless things are radically different in DL from how they are at DHS, unless you're planning on getting to the park before it opens and then immediately trying for a boarding group, the odds of your getting one are, uh, not so good. (Channeling my Dr. Stevens here! Different ride . . . apologies.) The BGs have been gone some days at DHS in literally a minute or two, although lately the guaranteed BGs are available for about 15 minutes (yeah, that's all) after opening--if you're lucky.

Enjoy DL and DCA! I'm hoping to go in the fall. Haven't been in a looooong time.
Just wanted to mention with this that, unless something unexpected comes up regarding the work portion of the trip, I will be at the gates a good 30-60 minutes before the park opens - earlier if I can - so I will likely be pretty early in the crowd (although, like you said, with ROTR opening, we don't know if people on that Monday holiday will be lining up an hour early or four hours early haha).

The good thing is that ROTR - while nice if I happen to get in early enough for a boarding pass - is not at all on my "must-do" list. I have no expectations for Galaxy's Edge except a walk-through of the land at some point in the day. Anything beyond that would just be a bonus.

Keep the advice and info coming! It's all been great and getting me excited for my visit!

We used to be be DL regulars, then because of family we've been at WDW frequently the last few years. This year I've insisted to my partner that we must go to DL more regularly.

Of what you've listed, these are the attractions I've missed the most.
--Castle Walk-Through... Very charming.
--Railroad... specifically between Tomorrowland and Main Street
--Tiki Room... for some reason, this is one of my favorites, and I never enjoy it as much at WDW
--Storybook Land Canal Boats... very charming, and lovely in the evening
--Autopoia...it's just more interesting at DL
--Buzz Lightyear...just a better way to play the game
--Goofy's Sky School

Can you tell me what the deal is with Oga’s?
This is tough for me. Because I really, really like what they did with Oga's. However, one, I didn't care for any of the drinks, and two, at least while it is still as new as it is, I don't see wanting to carve out a lot of time to spend there. HOWEVER, are you going before or after ROTR opens? If before, maybe just do it, because it's going to be a lot easier to get into the one at DL than at WDW. However, if you're going after ROTR opens, it's going to be difficult.

My completely unfounded suspicion: I'm thinking it'll be a lot easier (at least on weekdays) to get into ROTR at DL than at DHS for the forseeable future (if it's something you want to do).
THIS

Tons of great info in here. Thank you all so much! It's really helping me shape and focus my plan. Sorry I don't have time to respond to each individually but I have to be up at 2am to get ready for my flight and I still have some packing to do!

Just wanted to mention with this that, unless something unexpected comes up regarding the work portion of the trip, I will be at the gates a good 30-60 minutes before the park opens - earlier if I can - so I will likely be pretty early in the crowd (although, like you said, with ROTR opening, we don't know if people on that Monday holiday will be lining up an hour early or four hours early haha).

The good thing is that ROTR - while nice if I happen to get in early enough for a boarding pass - is not at all on my "must-do" list. I have no expectations for Galaxy's Edge except a walk-through of the land at some point in the day. Anything beyond that would just be a bonus.

Keep the advice and info coming! It's all been great and getting me excited for my visit!
Glad to hear it, @ThreeMountains! Maybe you will get a BG for RotR, but you'll have a great time anyway. I'm excited for your visit and I don't even know you, so you must be psyched!

I'm a WDW person, only visited DL once.

Being able to ride Mr Toad's Wild Ride again was a blast. I found the Autopia to be really cool compared to Speedway. Didn't care for the Splash Mountain vehicles as much, but the story was more morbid.

We used to be be DL regulars, then because of family we've been at WDW frequently the last few years. This year I've insisted to my partner that we must go to DL more regularly.

Of what you've listed, these are the attractions I've missed the most.
--Tiki Room... for some reason, this is one of my favorites, and I never enjoy it as much at WDW

The Tiki Room at WDW is actually different. The show is shorter and there is no enchanted fountain as it was damaged in the fire that destroyed Iago during the Under New Management years. They restored it to the original show, but truncated it some. The DL version now stands as much better!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter