Questions?

Judy Judy Judy

Meet Me In St. Louis!
Can I boil eggs for deviled eggs today ( tuesday) and make deviled eggs thursday or will the eggs be rotten by then, how long to boil an egg usually before they are done?

Can I peel pototoes today and keep them in the refre. or will they turn rotten too? I'm just trying to get a good bit done in advance.

Thanks to all your help with everything this last year, from a cooking dum-dum...ha!!!!!!!!!

The longer you make eggs in advance the more rubbery they will be - I would boil them in the morning (or the night before if you absolutely have to) for 10 minutes AFTER they have come back to the boil, then put the saucepan under a cold tap until the eggs feel barely lukewarm. (Stops the black line forming).

Mashed potato cn be cooked in advance - though it can get a bit dry in the fridge, but heats up OK in the microwave with an extra knob of butter beaten in beforehand. Or you could par-boil potatoes and toss in melted butter/lard for roasts the night before then rfrigerate. But don't leave them i water for more than a few hours as they will go icky - 4 hours is my limit, though my ex's mum used to peel i the morning for cooking at night (but they loked a bit yucky;) )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter