Quick and Easy Appetizers & Snacks

There is a recipe on www.allrecipes.com for "Stuffed Mushrooms with Spinach". Oh my goodness....I could eat all of them myself. And if you have extra stuffing left, you can heat it and serve with bread or chips like spinach artichoke dip.

Basically you take mushrooms and chop up the stems. I used baby bellas.
Saute 6 slices of bacon and chop
Saute some garlic
Mix bacon with garlic, one box of cooked chopped spinach, mushroom stems and add some shredded parmesan cheese. Add a tiny bit of heavy cream and cook together in saute pan.
Stuff the mushrooms and bake for about 20 minutes in a 350 degree oven.

So easy and so yummy!! I like them because I get tired of cream cheese or bread crumb stuffings.

Enjoy!

Heather

OMGoodness, I hope some of these are "points" friendly, because I think I gained 5 pounds "devouring" this thread!:goodvibes YUM! Love the Holidays!

I always enjoyed hot nacho dip but a neighbor brought over the best version...

cream cheese spread in a pan
Tastefully Simple Corn and Black Bean Salsa spread on top
sprinkle sharp cheddar on top and bake until cheese is melted.
Serve with nacho chips (Tostidos scoops are my favorite)

It is heavenly, I could eat the whole pan...

Here is a super easy one. Put 1 pkg. cream cheese on platter, pour jalapeno jelly or red pepper jelly over the top, pop in microwave for a few seconds just to soften but not to lose shape and there you go! Serve with crackers. The jalapeno jelly is not hot and is a bright green. The first time I saw this i thought hmmmm odd, but I am glad I did!

I made this to take to my cousin's grad party over the summer. I didn't use as much pineapple topping as it called for because I didn't want it to be too sweet. I also used crescent rolls because the store was out of pizza crust. It's very good as a dip without the crust.

r44984fp.jpg

Tropical Crab Rangoon
1 can (13.8 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated classic pizza crust
1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
1/2 teaspoon Chinese hot mustard, if desired
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1 can (8 oz) sliced water chestnuts, drained, coarsely chopped
1 can (6 oz) lump crabmeat, drained
1/4 cup SMUCKER'S® Pineapple Ice Cream Topping
2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese (8 oz)
4 medium green onions, chopped (1/4 cup)

DIRECTIONS
1. Heat oven to 400°F. Spray large cookie sheet or 16-inch pizza pan with CRISCO® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray. Unroll pizza crust dough on cookie sheet; press dough into 17x12-inch rectangle. Bake 7 to 9 minutes or just until crust is light golden brown.
2. Meanwhile, in large bowl, beat cream cheese, mayonnaise, mustard and garlic salt with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Stir in water chestnuts and crabmeat, being careful to break up crabmeat as little as possible.
3. Spread crabmeat mixture over partially baked crust to within 1 inch of edges. Spoon small spoonfuls of pineapple topping evenly over crabmeat mixture; spread evenly. Sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese and onions.
4. Bake 12 to 15 minutes longer or until cheese is bubbly and crust is golden brown. Cool 5 to 10 minutes before cutting.

Here is a super easy one. Put 1 pkg. cream cheese on platter, pour jalapeno jelly or red pepper jelly over the top, pop in microwave for a few seconds just to soften but not to lose shape and there you go! Serve with crackers. The jalapeno jelly is not hot and is a bright green. The first time I saw this i thought hmmmm odd, but I am glad I did!

This is an awesome dip with crackers especially when you use the Tastefully Simple Jalepeno pepper jam. No, I don't sell TS I am just addicted to it!

Great Thread! :thumbsup2 I amnot done reviewing- I had to bump-
I haven't finished looking at everything but I will add one too

Since my dad made this up years ago when our cabinets were about empty I doubt it is posted- LOL

Just take regular saltines and wrap in a piece of bacon- bake in oven on cookie sheet at about 400 degrees for approx 10-15 min. Walla! A really cool crunchy snack- I can eat a whle cookie sheet myself- LOL

Blue Cheese and Honey Bruschetta

I know this may not sound good, but trust me it really is.

1 French baguette cut into slices, place on cookie sheet and put in broiler for a few minutes until it's toasty - be sure to keep an eye on it because it can burn fast.

Place a small slice of blue cheese on top of each slice of bread, while the bread is still warm. Drizzle with honey.

Actually, that sounds good. Do you put the baguette back in the oven once the cheese & honey are on top?

7-layer Mexican Dip

1 can refried beans
1/2 pkg taco seasoning mix
Sour Cream
Guacamole
1 pkg shredded cheddar or mexican mix cheese
green onions, sliced
tomato, chopped
sliced olives

Mix together beans & seasoning mix. Layer on the bottom of 9x9 pan. Layer on guacamole, then sour cream. Sprinkle cheese over that. Add layer of chopped tomatoes, a layer of green onions and top with olives. Serve with tortilla chips.

This is my DHs favorite dip of all time.

I make something similar to this, but with some different ingredients. I use a 9x13 glass casserole dish. 1 double sized can of fat-free refried beans, spread evenly. Take 1 brick of low-fat cream cheese, 16 oz of low-fat sour cream, and 1 packet of taco seasoning and mix well with a mixer. Spread that layer on top of the bean layer. Next, use about 12-16 oz of a thick & chunky salsa (I like the Walmart brand), and spread that over the previous layer. Top with an 8 oz package of low-fat shredded cheddar or Mexican-blend cheese. On top, you can add sliced black olives if you want. Tastes better the 2nd day, after the flavors have blended. I make this with fat-free and low-fat ingredients and no one knows the difference, lol. ;)

This is simple, elegant and easy to fix ahead.

Brie pastries – individual size

1 box phyllo dough
½ cup melted butter
1 chunk Brie Cheese

Thaw the phyllo dough. Lay out 1 sheet and brush with butter. Overlap another sheet on top and brush with butter again. Repeat 1 more time until you have 3 sheets. (Keep phyllo dough covered as it dries out very quickly.)

Chunk Brie cheese into 1”x1”x1/2” sizes.

Cut phyllo dough into 8 pieces. Cut into 4 strips and then cut in half crosswise. Place cheese on one end and wrap cheese using a flag wrap fold (will be a triangle when done.) Brush the last flap with butter to seal and brush tops with butter.

Place on cookie sheet in the center of a preheated 425 degree oven. Bake until golden brown, about 15 to 20 minutes.

The best is to serve with your favorite fruit or jam. YUMMMMMMM!! :dogdance:

Just wanted to bump this thread for all those other appetizer-challenged people (like me) out there. Thanks everyone - wish I'd seen this thread before Thanksgiving, but at least I found it before Christmas!

:flower3:

ty all so much got some great ideas form this thread.

a good one that a friend gave to me:(i believe it was an atkins one)

Cream cheese
deli ham sliced to your liking (lunchmeat cuts)
pickles ( i use kosher dill)

Take a piece of the ham and put it on a plate or cutting board spread some of the cream cheese on it then setthe pickle on and roll it up (so the meat/cc is like a blanket to the pickle) then cut itno bite size pieces and continue on making more thill you have what you want. if i am using it for guests i put toothpicks in it if just for us i dont.

Brown 1 LB GROUND BEEF or Ground Sausage
stir in 1 can refried beand
stir in 1 can chopped green chilis

spread in 81/2 by 11 pan

spread 1 jar of salsa over the top

top with 2 cups of Colby/Jack shredded cheese (or you can use the mexican blend)
bake at 350 for 20 minutes

serve with tortilla chips, sour cream and Guacamole

We're having LeCellier's cheddar cheese soup as part of Christmas Eve. While breadsticks are the obvious choice to go with it, I'm thinking I also want something else but without cheese, cream, etc. I'll be looking back over this list...

NHWX

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter