• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Quick Breakfast Ideas

MousseauMob

DIS Veteran
We're staying at the GC and I was wondering if anyone had any quick breakfast ideas before hitting the parks? Especially, where to pick up a yogurt. Thanks!

Do the rooms at the GC come with a mini-fridge (and at those prices, they should!)? Stop at a grocery store on your way to DL and stock up on breakfast and snack goodies.

DH and I did this for our WDW honeymoon. We kept apples, pretzels and chocolate milk in our room for light breakfasts (neither of us are much of breakfast eaters, clearly) and for late night snacks. It was very convenient! :)

We also brought fruits and muffins and a small ice chest for drinks, although I understand that refrigerators are available by request. There is a mini-fridge in the room, but its an honors bar so I didn't even open it. If you don't have a car and don't want to have groceries delivered, White Water Snacks is probably a good option. I didn't try it for breakfast, but I bet it will meet your needs. Its located next to the GCH arcade, near the GCH entrance to DCA. There are also a couple of options at DTD, including a bakery cafe, and a Jamba Juice.

I got a stickey bun from the bakery on Main Street the night before (Blue Ribbon?) and ate it the next morning...and the next. It was huge!

Thanks, these are some great ideas! We probably need to request a fridge, since the mini-fridge is also the honor bar. I'd like to have some yogurts on hand, DS10, DD3 and I all LOVE yogurt for breakfast.

Yes, you can ask for the little fridge.. it is no cost. We stored yogurt, fruit, water, etc in it.

We brought some of those little cereal boxes and spoons. Also, you can go down to Whitewater snacks (right by the pool at the GCH) the night before, or in the morning ( although it didn't open that early), and they have stuff like yogurt, fresh cut up fruit, little cereal boxes, cinnamon buns, bagels, etc.

Shelebeen said:
Yes, you can ask for the little fridge.. it is no cost. We stored yogurt, fruit, water, etc in it.

We brought some of those little cereal boxes and spoons. Also, you can go down to Whitewater snacks (right by the pool at the GCH) the night before, or in the morning ( although it didn't open that early), and they have stuff like yogurt, fresh cut up fruit, little cereal boxes, cinnamon buns, bagels, etc.

Thanks! I didn't realize that Whitewater snacks had those types of items! That's wonderful - that will be perfect. Based on another thread I had considered having Albertsons do their delivery servcie, but I didn't really want to order such a small amount as well as have to wait for the delivery. So, I'm really excited to hear that Whitewater snacks have what we're looking for.

Thanks everyone for the all the help and the great ideas.

MousseauMob said:
Thanks! I didn't realize that Whitewater snacks had those types of items! That's wonderful - that will be perfect. Based on another thread I had considered having Albertsons do their delivery servcie, but I didn't really want to order such a small amount as well as have to wait for the delivery. So, I'm really excited to hear that Whitewater snacks have what we're looking for.

Thanks everyone for the all the help and the great ideas.

Here is a copy of the menu there... and it looks pretty current ( June 2005)
http://www.dlresortinfo.com/grandcalifornianrestaurants/whitewater/whitewater.html

I highly recommend white water snacks as well. The prices are good, food is always hot, fresh, and breakfast is cheap!!!! If you have a annual pass you get a discount as well. It is also nice to get away from the busy park during the day it is a relaxing atmosphere. There is also a Vons off of Harbor Blvd. and Chapman. You go down Harbor south and make a left on Chapman Ave. it will be on your left about three blocks from Harbor and Chapman. It is about 10 mins from the park by car. If you go to Vons make sure you have a Vons card. If you don't ask for a application and you can get one right there for free it will save you tons of money!!! Have a great trip!!!!!
JenJen

I recommend Whitewater Snacks as well. They also have a refillable mug you can purchase for around $8 that can be refilled with coffee or sodas as many times as you want. :flower:

Ok, I have to admit, I'm totally embarressed! :blush: We've stayed at the GC twice before and I've never been in White Water snacks! WHAT WAS I THINKING!!! :confused3 I checked out the link posted by Shelebeen and it looks perfect! Thanks again from shamefaced MousseauMob! :blush: :blush: :blush:

jensmom said:
I recommend Whitewater Snacks as well. They also have a refillable mug you can purchase for around $8 that can be refilled with coffee or sodas as many times as you want. :flower:
I had no idea about the Mug thanks!!!! We got these at The All Star resorts when we stayed there but never at Disneyland resorts!!
JenJen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter