Quick review of Jan 2-4 trip

Ellielovesdisney

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone - we just got back from a quick trip to WDW, stayed at Wilderness Lodge. Cast included
Me: 36yo pregnant WDW nut
DM: 60yo adventurer
DGM: 89yo disney newbie

We arrived on Jan 2 at about lunchtime. We had lunch at Roaring forks. I had a cheeseburger and DM and DGM had a roast beef sandwich (no cheese, no sauce). Their sandwiches were plentiful and tasty - but to be honest I find their taste a little plain. Also you will find DGM often orders the same as DM, as she has a hard time with decisions. The cheeseburger and fries was tasty as usual.

For Dinner we ate at Marakesh. I had never been here before and was really looking foward to it as I love the cafe here. Unfortunately I think the cs here is better. I had the royal feast, and my mother had the lamb. DGM just shared ours. The soup was very good, as well as the bread and desert. The main courses just seemed rather lukewarm...like they had been plated a while ago and were just sitting around, and a little greasy. Everything was edible...but I probably won't go back.

The next morning we all had the yogurt parfait at Roaring Forks. This doesn't look very pretty - but was delicious, with more fruit than yogurt. The granola added a nice crunch. I think I am going to start making this at home.

We were at MK for lunch so we ate at Pecos Bills. Good hamburger as usual. DM and DGM shared some fries.

That afternoon we had tea at the Grand Floridian. This was great. I had the Jamaican spice tea which was so good I had 4 cups. The tea sandwiches were very good, and I loved the scone. I got the triffle for desert - but probably should have had the strawberries as I was very full.

That evening we had a late reservation at California Grill. It was good as always. I had the California roll, Crab salad, and potato and celery soup. I loved the soup and salad. The california roll was a little big, and difficult to eat each bite at once. It was delicious though, made with real crab. yumm. DGM and DM had the pork tenderloin with polenta. Very good. We also had a pear tart for desert - it was ok, but I have had better deserts here before.

The next morning we just had cereal and bagels. Finally we had lunch that day at Flame Tree BBQ at the AK. I had never been here before and really liked it. The seating area was beautiful (it was a lovely day) and the food was pretty good. I had the Pork sandwich which was a little greasy but tasty, I liked the baked beans, but the corn was mushy. DGM had the chicken salad which I tried and liked very much. DM had a turkey sandwich...it was just ok.

Well - that was our quick trip to the world...I am looking forward to a longer trip in 2008!!

Thanks for your reviews. You're so lucky to have DM and DGM go to DW with you!!! Sounds like you had a great time.

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter